• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Select Card Application Experience

rogerthat

TF Ace
I am not taken into the hype surrounding Magnus. I do not travel at all (once every two years or so) and both my regular airlines do not have any transfer options for Magnus. Even if they did I don't spend more than 50k a month using on credit cards. But since I have a number high value PoS retail transactions coming up soon over the next few months so I need a card that give me maximum value. I could find only three cards for this: SC Ultimate (3.33%), Axis Ace (2%), Axis Select (2%). There's AMEX too but not many stores in my town accept them.

Standard Chartered first approved my application and then rejected it, twice. I went all the way to the Ombudsman but they too threw my complaint in the dust bin. I can't find a way to get Axis Ace, so Select it is.

Axis Select Application process
  • 14 March '23 Tuesday: Applied online through Axis "Flash" application process. It was easy enough though the Flash app itself is a mess. CIBIL was hit and application number generated instantly after final submission. Got link for VKYC as SMS. Nothing on email.
  • 15 March '23 Wednesday: The VKYC was a massive pain. Horrible web app full of bugs and glitches that kept crashing and malfunctioning. Tried six times over half a day before I could finally connect to an agent. Every time the queue would take half an hour. The agent looked irritated and was downright rude ("First of all, can't you stand in one place without moving around??!" - I was trying to get a good light reflection). The VKYC itself took only a few minutes. Didn't get any confirmation or anything after the process.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing after that. No message, no call, no visit, nothing. The useless tracking website shows "details not found".

These guys (Axis) are pathetic. I wonder how they are going to service Citi customers (I am one).

Last edited:
I am not taken into the hype surrounding Magnus. I do not travel at all (once every two years or so) and both my regular airlines do not have any transfer options for Magnus. Even if they did I don't spend more than 50k a month using on credit cards. But since I have a number high value PoS retail transactions coming up soon over the next few months so I need a card that give me maximum value. I could find only three cards for this: SC Ultimate (3.33%), Axis Ace (2%), Axis Select (2%). There's AMEX too but not many stores in my town accept them.

Standard Chartered first approved my application and then rejected it, twice. I went all the way to the Ombudsman but they too threw my complaint in the dust bin. I can't find a way to get Axis Ace, so Select it is.

• 14 March '23 Tuesday: Applied online through Axis "Flash" application process. It was easy enough though the Flash app itself is a mess. CIBIL was hit and application number generated instantly after final submission. Got link for VKYC as SMS. Nothing on email.
  • 15 March '23 Wednesday: The VKYC was a massive pain. Horrible web app full of bugs and glitches that kept crashing and malfunctioning. Tried six times over half a day before I could finally connect to an agent. Every time the queue would take half an hour. The agent looked irritated and was downright rude ("First of all, can't you stand in one place without moving around??!" - I was trying to get a good light reflection). The VKYC itself took only a few minutes. Didn't get any confirmation or anything after the process.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing after that. No message, no call, no visit, nothing. The useless tracking website shows "details not found".

These guys (Axis) are pathetic. I wonder how they are going to service Citi customers (I am one).
Leave about the details not found even it will show same after ur card delivery
Wait for 3 working days u may get approval sms if all goes well
Is it 3k paid or ltf?

Ignore tracker, it is not reliable. Wait for 10 days and post that write an email to cc, follow up with mail to pno for escalation if needed.

It is 3k paid. However I have started to regret applying and might end up not using and letting it lapse after 30 days.
Utilize the points and accumulate them for retail purposes, earning 20 points for every 200 spent. If you decide to upgrade to Magnus within the next three years, you'll be able to convert the points to airmiles at a ratio of 5:4, provided that Axis does not segregate the points.

Utilize the points and accumulate them for retail purposes, earning 20 points for every 200 spent. If you decide to upgrade to Magnus within the next three years, you'll be able to convert the points to airmiles at a ratio of 5:4, provided that Axis does not segregate the points.
Thank you that seems like a good plan. 6L is anyway not reachable.

Reactions: CMG
My saga of trying to apply for an Axis Select card continues.....

Thursday: So when the wait was getting too long I complained to the Axis Twitter account on Thursday. They immediately replied that they will look into it and asked me share my application details via DM.
Friday: Twitter Axis informed that my area is not serviceable and they won't be able to issue me any Axis card at all. I tell them that there is an Axis branch within my Pincode and like 5 km from my house.
Saturday: A lady from Axis bank district HQ calls me and asks me if I had applied for a card. I tell her yes and she asks for my address. Tells an executive will visit me the next day to verify my application.
Sunday: The executive visits my place and takes a new application. Verifies biometrics-Aadhar and PAN card.

The wait continues....

My saga of trying to apply for an Axis Select card continues.....

Thursday: So when the wait was getting too long I complained to the Axis Twitter account on Thursday. They immediately replied that they will look into it and asked me share my application details via DM.
Friday: Twitter Axis informed that my area is not serviceable and they won't be able to issue me any Axis card at all. I tell them that there is an Axis branch within my Pincode and like 5 km from my house.
Saturday: A lady from Axis bank district HQ calls me and asks me if I had applied for a card. I tell her yes and she asks for my address. Tells an executive will visit me the next day to verify my application.
Sunday: The executive visits my place and takes a new application. Verifies biometrics-Aadhar and PAN card.

The wait continues....
Looks like axis wants to give you new card in next FY:)

More or less similar experience. I hope they overhaul their systems and improve the customer experience as their overall cc offerings are amongst the best if not the best.

Utilize the points and accumulate them for retail purposes, earning 20 points for every 200 spent
How does axis identify as retail transaction for 2X points? I couldn't find any terms and conditions or list of MCC.

@rogerthat why did you not choose axis privilege over axis select? It's FYF now and its multi brand voucher redemption is good option.

Back