• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Select CC application rejected for a Magnus holder

dominic1229

TF Select
Hello Guys!

My Magnus CC is about to expire so I wanted to apply for Axis select. I already got Magnus and I got it through the physical verification/salary slip method (not the easy c2c). I have axis Flipkart card too. AFAIK, one can have 3 axis CC (hope that's still valid).
I am shocked that my Select CC application got rejected. I applied from online method directly from Axis (no physical verification/no salary slip).

My profile:
Monthly salary: 1.8L
Credit score: 780

Can anyone suggest why this happened and what should I do next as I need an Axis CC.

method 1: login netbanking -> apply now -> select checkbox -> pick a card on that list -> card will be delivered in 14 working days.
method 2: goto axs support -> chat now -> request for select card -> receive SMS and OTP -> card will be deliverd in 14 working days.
method 3: call axs support -> request for select card -> receive sms and otp -> card will be delivered in 14 working days.

----------
no cibl enquiry, income, salary, physical verification.

method 1: login netbanking -> apply now -> select checkbox -> pick a card on that list -> card will be delivered in 14 working days.
method 2: goto axs support -> chat now -> request for select card -> receive SMS and OTP -> card will be deliverd in 14 working days.
method 3: call axs support -> request for select card -> receive sms and otp -> card will be delivered in 14 working days.

----------
Yeah, why do you applied separately on website causing hard enquiry and rejection also ?

----------
This is the SMS I got from my rejected application method:
We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your Axis Bank Credit Card application as it does not meet the Bank's credit norms - Axis Bank

Can I apply again now using any of the 3 methods or do I need to wait?

This is the SMS I got from my rejected application method:
We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your Axis Bank Credit Card application as it does not meet the Bank's credit norms - Axis Bank

Can I apply again now using any of the 3 methods or do I need to wait?

apply, no issues. but select is very bad card right now, you can ask which cards you're eligible and pick one from that

but why ? What does it offer apart from Swiggy deal?
I found this good about that card:
Same lounges coverage as Magnus.
Swiggy offer.
Big basket offer.
Ezdiner 800 offer.

This is the cheapest card with same lounge coverage as Magnus. Do you know if there is any better axis card with medium fees?

In netbanking it is showing 13 pre approved CCs:
Aura
IndianOil
Ace
My zone
My zone Rupay
Privilege
Select
Atlas
Neo
Samsung infine
Samsung signature
Rewards
Airtel MasterCard

Which should I pick if I need to ignore Select?

Same lounges coverage as Magnus.
but with a quarterly 50K spend. Let's see which Axis card will give better benefits!
Swiggy offer.
On min cart value is 1000 (200 off) and that too twice a month. How many times do you order from Swiggy with AOV (average order value)>1000?
SBI CB seems to be good for regular spends
Big basket offer.
Once a month with min cart value 3000 (300 off), again How many times do you order from BB with AOV (average order value)>3000?
Again, SBI CB seems to be good for regular spends
Ezdiner 800 offer.
Yep, but some cards do offer this.
For lounge and ED, you may check Axis Horizon (mid-premium segment) or Axis Atlas (premium segment)

Yeah, 10% upto ₹500 p.m
Attaching bird eye view of CB cards
Cashback-Comparison-CardMaven.png

Thanks guys. Airtel card is looking good. I like the 25% (250cap) on airtel bills and 10% on swiggy, zomato, BB (500 cap) offers. Welcome benefit seems good too.

But, I will have to give up on gift edge vouchers with this card. I think I will stick to hdfc regalia and amex gold for vouchers.
Sounds good?

Reactions: m4b
Thanks guys. Airtel card is looking good. I like the 25% (250cap) on airtel bills and 10% on swiggy, zomato, BB (500 cap) offers. Welcome benefit seems good too.

But, I will have to give up on gift edge vouchers with this card. I think I will stick to hdfc regalia and amex gold for vouchers.
Sounds good?
@dominic1229 as you can see from above, SBI CB is the best choice for these spends if you want a cash-back card.
and with Atlas, there are no spending criteria for accessing lounge benefits and you will the 800 ED offer. The next best card after Magnus for Burgundy and Before Vanilla Magnus. Same with Axis Horizon as well.
Be aware of the capping on the Airtel card!

@dominic1229 as you can see from above, SBI CB is the best choice for these spends if you want a cash-back card.
and with Atlas, there are no spending criteria for accessing lounge benefits and you will the 800 ED offer. The next best card after Magnus for Burgundy and Before Vanilla Magnus. Same with Axis Horizon as well.
Be aware of the capping on the Airtel card!
I have SBI aurum. Can one get 2 sbi cards?

Back