• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of India: Better Rewards on All Debit cards (0.46%)

1. Rewards Applicable on all kind of payment i.e online/offline incl. CC Bill Pay.
Are you sure all transactions are eligible for reward points?

According to BOI Website: https://bankofindia.co.in/star-rewards

Points will not be accrued if customer do transactions in Restricted Categories: Restricted Categories include “Mutual Fund transactions, Insurance payments, Payments to central/state Government towards Taxes/challan/penalties, Scholl college fees payments, Transaction done using BOI KCC cards, Booking of Railway tickets, Credit card bill payments & Wallet transfer transactions.”

So Mobikwik cc bill payment isn't eligible for rewards?

Service is very poor especially if you open an account online
You will get Rupay Classic DC by default
You have to visit the branch and submit your KYC and Signature for Check book, any other DC, and Passbook
Without submitting any documents we can't even generate the DC Pin in net banking and app view-only rights are given.
Rupay Classic issuance Charge is Free for the first time with the account
shit banking experience. recently closed my 15yr old BOI account.

Update: BoI DC txn I did for test purpose in July fetched
Are you sure all transactions are eligible for reward points?

According to BOI Website: https://bankofindia.co.in/star-rewards

Points will not be accrued if customer do transactions in Restricted Categories: Restricted Categories include “Mutual Fund transactions, Insurance payments, Payments to central/state Government towards Taxes/challan/penalties, Scholl college fees payments, Transaction done using BOI KCC cards, Booking of Railway tickets, Credit card bill payments & Wallet transfer transactions.”

So Mobikwik cc bill payment isn't eligible for rewards?
Doesn't matter. TnC is only when you use CC billpay directly with Billdesk or CCAvenues. Third party payments for CC will match their MCC. So it will provide RPs.

Update: BoI Rupay Classic RPs.

The txns worth Rs.10Kx2 done with BoI Rupay classic card on Setu has fecthed normal points after 15 days of txn and bonus points after 25 days of txn date.

Total Pts Credited: 325 (100+100+125). Effectively 0.406%. So bigger payments will fetch more because above 10K in month is is flat 2X points or 0.50%.

Caluclation Method Applied here:

10K x 2 Txn. Flat Normal Points @1X = 100+100.
Bonus Between 5K-10K: 1.5X= 25 Points
Bonus Between 10K-20K: 2X = 100 Ponts.

Don't use on JioFin app if you have Rupay. :)

Update: BoI DC txn I did for test purpose in July fetched

Doesn't matter. TnC is only when you use CC billpay directly with Billdesk or CCAvenues. Third party payments for CC will match their MCC. So it will provide RPs.
Okay, got it. However, I am unable to register on the BOI Star Rewardz portal as I am receiving an 'invalid details' error, even after entering the correct information. When I contacted support regarding this issue, they said I need to wait 30 working days from the date of account opening. Is this normal?

Update: BoI Rupay Classic RPs.

The txns worth Rs.10Kx2 done with BoI Rupay classic card on Setu has fecthed normal points after 15 days of txn and bonus points after 25 days of txn date.

Total Pts Credited: 325 (100+100+125). Effectively 0.406%. So bigger payments will fetch more because above 10K in month is is flat 2X points or 0.50%.

Caluclation Method Applied here:

10K x 2 Txn. Flat Normal Points @1X = 100+100.
Bonus Between 5K-10K: 1.5X= 25 Points
Bonus Between 10K-20K: 2X = 100 Ponts.

Don't use on JioFin app if you have Rupay. :)
Anytime Better than sbi 😈

Okay, got it. However, I am unable to register on the BOI Star Rewardz portal as I am receiving an 'invalid details' error, even after entering the correct information. When I contacted support regarding this issue, they said I need to wait 30 working days from the date of account opening. Is this normal?
Yes. 30 days wait. I hope you have used your card on ecom txns by now. Even if you don't, it won't matter but it helps for early activation on rewards site. When I registered my account was already 5 years old.

Also you can have BoI NEO banking app. There you don't need to register. Click on Profile and then My Rewards and you will be taken (SSO login) to rewards site and you can check details there by clicking your name initials (3 horizontal lines menu).

Hola TFians,

Today I came across Bank of India Debit card rewards which are much better compared to other bank's debit card and shared the same in Profile Post. Although as compared with premium cards but still better for those who don't have costly DCs with them.

Key Points:
1. Rewards Applicable on all kind of payment i.e online/offline incl. CC Bill Pay.
2. Rewards Earning is as follows: Spending (in multiples of 100):
Rs. 100-5000: 1 Reward Point per 100.
Rs. 5000-1000: 1.5 Reward Points per 100.
Rs. 10000 and above: 2 Reward Points per 100.
1 RP Value = Rs. 0.25.
Example: You spend Rs.50000 in one single (or mutiple) transaction, Your will get 50 pts (upto first Rs.5000), 75 pts next Rs.5000, 800 pts next 40000= 925 points or 0.4625%.
3. Maximum Reward Points that can be accured in a month is 10000 points.
4. All categories of debit card including RuPay Platinum is eligible for reward points.
5. Validity of Reward Points is 3 Years from date of earning/credit.
Attention: Bank of India offer free RuPay classic debit card to all account holders. There are no Annual Charges too on this variant.
Enjoy!!
Reward Points Received for payment of CC on SBI Unipay and JioFin App in 3 days. Maximum time is 7 days after txn.
Tags: Bank of India, BoI Cards, Cards, BoI Debit Card, Boi Cashback, BoI Reward, Bank of India Rewards​
I am not getting any rewards

Hi anyone have boi platinum debit card and uses it.
I am not getting rewards on cc bill and as well as other categories also
I am new on this platform can we dm here I have some queries regarding it
When you did txn? You get it in 15 days to 30 days max. Mine first came on exactly 16th day and then bonus on 31st day.

When you did txn? You get it in 15 days to 30 days max. Mine first came on exactly 16th day and then bonus on 31st day.
After posting here I searched for my issue and found below details:
Actually I have different issue.
My previous debit card was expired few months back then bank given me same variant new debit card.
That new card points are not credited to my account.

So I also saw on play Store reviews people didn't getting points for new card after first card got got expired.

Basically Boi Star rewards not updating previous card with new one with account this is technical issue.

if you have any solution please let me know

Hi
You can access boi star rewardz via registering boi mobile app
In BOI mobile app there is option of rewards.

I got similar error so I followed above method and got my transactions there

Hi
You can access boi star rewardz via registering boi mobile app
In BOI mobile app there is option of rewards.

I got similar error so I followed above method and got my transactions there
I have already tried it. When I click on My Rewards it's asking me to login but I don't have credentials and When I click on sign up using customer id I'm getting invalid details error.

@s1t2y3a3m6 bro, My brother and father both already have Urban account with them and never got charged annual fee till yet. Last year it was introduced but they aren't getting charged. Rupay classic variant is free while VISA/Master classic is chargeable. But mostly they provide Rupay Classic if you don't ask for other special cards.
classic variant also giving RP ?

Yes. 30 days wait. I hope you have used your card on ecom txns by now. Even if you don't, it won't matter but it helps for early activation on rewards site. When I registered my account was already 5 years old.

Also you can have BoI NEO banking app. There you don't need to register. Click on Profile and then My Rewards and you will be taken (SSO login) to rewards site and you can check details there by clicking your name initials (3 horizontal lines menu).
Classic card issued doesnt have AMC as well ?

After posting here I searched for my issue and found below details:
Actually I have different issue.
My previous debit card was expired few months back then bank given me same variant new debit card.
That new card points are not credited to my account.

So I also saw on play Store reviews people didn't getting points for new card after first card got got expired.

Basically Boi Star rewards not updating previous card with new one with account this is technical issue.

if you have any solution please let me know
I hope the new card has same number. It should not happen but as it is happening to you, contact support for BoiRewardz 1800-209-9299 or mail them at membersupport@boistarrewardz.com

Same company is handling rewards sytem for BoI, SBI, Union Bank and some other PSUs also. Some banks have completely done away with DC rewards like PNB, IOB etc.

Back