• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Scam using AADHAR - Deactivate Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS)

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
But Cloning a Finger Print is not a Joke.

Finger data is only available in UIDAI Database
Or Our own fingers and Thumb.

Question is from Where Fraudster got the Finger Print Data ?

If it is carelessness/Security breach at UIDAI
Or
Carelessness of Account Holder who allowed a unknown Person to copy his/her Finger prints unknowingly or Knowingly or took his/her Finger Prints in the disguise of doing some other Activity like While issuing a new Sim Card or Bank KYC etc..

Then only locking Aadhar is not enough

We should cover our Naked hands also using Gloves 24×7 to avoid Cloning of finger Prints.
I remember reading an incident about fraudsters copying fingerprints from papers in land records office, in connivance with govt. employees and they made finger print clones using polymers and proceeded to drain bank balance of the victims using AEPS.

Hence it's not always about carelessness of the account holder.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I remember reading an incident about fraudsters copying fingerprints from papers in land records office, in connivance with govt. employees and they made finger print clones using polymers and proceeded to drain bank balance of the victims using AEPS.

Hence it's not always about carelessness of the account holder.
But do you think such entity will Accept Data Breach at their end ?

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If that is Possible, then technology needs an upgradation.

While Scanning a fingure Print, Scanner shall be able to identifiy if a living Human Being Finger is being Scanned or not.
When I had registered for Aadhaar, the scanner was so bad that my only one finger gets recognised that too if I keep it at 122° (only known to me). This is 2FA I guess 🤣 They should consider using ultrasonic scanner instead of optical scanner where applying Fevicol can con the system.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Then also, Do you think UIDAI OR LAND OFFICE or any other entity holding our Finger Print data will accept Security breach at their end?

Ultimately Account Holder would be Accused and Blamed
Absolutely! Although they may not admit it, there should be stronger security measures to prevent such incidents. Simply disabling biometrics is like putting a band-aid on the problem—it's a temporary solution. As we've seen in this thread, when you disable biometrics and try to enable it again, the OTP often takes longer to arrive. 🤣

yolofino

TF Ace

yolofino

TF Ace
C
But Cloning a Finger Print is not a Joke.

Finger data is only available in UIDAI Database
Or Our own fingers and Thumb.

Question is from Where Fraudster got the Finger Print Data ?

If it is carelessness/Security breach at UIDAI
Or
Carelessness of Account Holder who allowed a unknown Person to copy his/her Finger prints unknowingly or Knowingly or took his/her Finger Prints in the disguise of doing some other Activity like While issuing a new Sim Card or Bank KYC etc..

Then only locking Aadhar is not enough

We should cover our Naked hands also using Gloves 24×7 to avoid Cloning of finger Prints.
Cloning a fingerprint is very old and people in foreign countries were doing it many years ago from photographs. This whole AePS system is a fool's idea and must be shut down.

hellobois

TF Ace
How an unknown person will Clon your Fingre Prints ?

Would you allow any person to clon it voluntarily ?
it happens in villages mostly, poor people use biometric for free ration and oil. but I dont know why a fraudster will hack account of poor people, they must have access to some internal data, like even Paytm account verification asks for biometric, many cc verification person carry biometric devices with them, they can easily copy our fingerprint and use it later. there are so many ways to fool people.