• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Scam using AADHAR - Deactivate Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS)

Format of the letter for everybody

[Your Name] [Your Address] [City, State, ZIP] [Email Address] [Phone Number] [Date]

Subject: Request to Deactivate Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to request the deactivation of the Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS) linked to my savings bank account with HDFC Bank. The details of my account are as follows:

I kindly request you to deactivate the AePS functionality associated with my account at your earliest convenience.

I understand that the deactivation process may involve certain formalities or documentation, if required, I am willing to comply with any such requirements. Please let me know the necessary steps and any documents I need to provide to facilitate the deactivation process.

I would appreciate it if you could confirm the successful deactivation of AePS on my savings bank account once the process is complete. Additionally, I request you to ensure that no further transactions are made through AePS on my account.

Please feel free to contact me at the provided phone number or email address if you require any further information or if there are any additional steps I need to take to initiate this request. I am available during banking hours and will be happy to assist in any way necessary.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I appreciate your assistance in deactivating the AePS service from my savings bank account.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]

Great HDFC has confirmed deactivation.

Greetings from HDFC Bank.

With reference to your email dated June 5th 23 addressed to Grievance Redressal Team.

At the outset we regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that that we have received your request to Deactivate Aadhar Enabled Payment Service (AePS) on your account no ending with ##### today.

The same is under processing and we will update once it is completed.

We value your relationship and thank you for the support .

We noticed that you emailed our management about your problem. So, we want to help resolve this quickly and efficiently. For future issues like this one, please use one of the customer service channels listed below; it will make things go more smoothly for all of us!
Here are 5 ways you can raise your grievance to us.
Website link - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/need-help/customer-care
Phone Banking: Dial 18002026161 / 18602676161 toll-free number
Please email us at customerservice.cards@hdfcbank.com for Credit Cards related

Great HDFC has confirmed deactivation.

Greetings from HDFC Bank.

With reference to your email dated June 5th 23 addressed to Grievance Redressal Team.

At the outset we regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that that we have received your request to Deactivate Aadhar Enabled Payment Service (AePS) on your account no ending with ##### today.

The same is under processing and we will update once it is completed.

We value your relationship and thank you for the support .

We noticed that you emailed our management about your problem. So, we want to help resolve this quickly and efficiently. For future issues like this one, please use one of the customer service channels listed below; it will make things go more smoothly for all of us!
Here are 5 ways you can raise your grievance to us.
Website link - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/need-help/customer-care
Phone Banking: Dial 18002026161 / 18602676161 toll-free number
Please email us at customerservice.cards@hdfcbank.com for Credit Cards related
You sent email to which email id?

what is non-linked?
I guess, a linked FD is something like this..

You link your FD to your sb/ca account to protect against insufficient balance due to excessive withdrawals beyond your sb account balance. When your sb balance becomes negative it draws funds from linked fd also called " sweep in"
Here is an example

Sweep in FD

I guess, a linked FD is something like this..

You link your FD to your sb/ca account to protect against insufficient balance due to excessive withdrawals beyond your sb account balance. When your sb balance becomes negative it draws funds from linked fd also called " sweep in"
Here is an example

Sweep in FD
ah ok. I thought there was some concept of FD without a bank account, which I didn't know

It appears that this issue is becoming increasingly widespread nowadays. It is crucial to take serious steps towards finding a solution, as the current practice of locking and unlocking seems more like a temporary fix rather than a long-term solution.

It appears that this issue is becoming increasingly widespread nowadays. It is crucial to take serious steps towards finding a solution, as the current practice of locking and unlocking seems more like a temporary fix rather than a long-term solution.

true but even on this forum 99% junta focussing on credit card hacks. Kisi din bank hackers inka main bank account hi saaf kar denge using this

I remember reading an incident about fraudsters copying fingerprints from papers in land records office, in connivance with govt. employees and they made finger print clones using polymers and proceeded to drain bank balance of the victims using AEPS.

Hence it's not always about carelessness of the account holder.
There are a few things to note here:
1. There are two types of fingerprint scanners - one uses a 2D image of your fingerprint and the other uses a 3D mapping of your fingerprint. Unfortunately, from the looks of it, AADHAR scanners seem to be the 2D (I cannot confirm, but that is what it looks like). So, theoretically, if you get access to the image of someone's fingerprint, you can access it. If UIDAI indeed uses a 2D scanner, it is quite unfortunate and speaks volumes for the sorry state of affairs in India. If they use a 3D scanner, it would be impossible to steal your fingerprint data by getting access to an image of your fingerprint.
2. Cloning fingerprints from papers in government offices is nearly impossible with the current tech. Note that these imprints are smudgy and not very high quality. It would be like asking someone to compare two photos, one is 4k and the other is 144p.
3. Biometric data validation is done by computers. So, ultimately, it boils down to 0s and 1s. Theoretically, it should be possible to hack UIDAI's database and get hold of our biometric info. However, I am sure UIDAI stores our biometric data in an encrypted format (hopefully using our passwords). Decrypting this could take years (even with the most powerful supercomputers) if you have a good password (the definition of a good password and what we think is a good password is quite different!). However, as these are government organizations, I would not be surprised if they do not encrypt our biometric data in their databases, or use our AADHAR numbers to encrypt the data.

true but even on this forum 99% junta focussing on credit card hacks. Kisi din bank hackers inka main bank account hi saaf kar denge using this
Shit got real for me a few weeks back. Bank account saaf toh nahi kar paye vo (kismat acchi thi), lekin achha khasa chuna zaroor laga diya.
Now when I try to make people aware of this, mujhe ulta gyaan dete hai how things cannot be hacked, blah blah blah

Back