• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks and their RM'S , Are you only for selling crap ULIPS ,Guaranteed plans

kjs

TF Premier
Being salaried person never used banking services agressively as a Business Person would do. But since last 2 years have been using , enquiring banking services , accounts for various reasons like Personal Loans ,Home Loans , Credit Cards , lockers etc as part of actual needs but have noticed one common things especially amongst private banks , they tend to sell you some or the other crap policies or ask you to do some or other Fds. Some times they would even keep ur actual query/problem aside and start being a sales man/ women.

I know they have orders from seniors who have targets from their seniors and so on...

Faced / Facing these issues with

HDFC bank - Now recently RM has started pitching me to start MF sip , already told her doing sip since my bachpan. Today visited branch for PPF query, they were prompt and solved query then the executive there was like mast plan batata hu apko guaranteed wala PPF se jyada intrest wala hai aur usse better. The other lady started entering my details in system and explained me then shes like u want to take it. I was like 15L investment plan u want me to decide in less than 15mins for ur X % commission seriously got fed up and then shes like will call you on Tuesday. A few such instances from HDFC before also but always stayed away at the end only took what i needed.

ICICI - Any time i just check offer in iMobile next day get minimum 5 calls , have added my no in their dnd list. Thank god i dont have any RM assigned

Axis - Baap of Sales bank, Bank employee ,RMs bus lelo sab policy lelo.RMs are pathetic,Bank employee force to open FD always. Just once in 1 branch i have seen employee who genuinely solved my issue aftr i visited 3 times for the same he was the only one who did not pitch me anything. But closed account as RM was a sales man.

Kotak : Opened 811 ,aftr 1 month got 15 20 calls for 2 3 days related to CC , Escalated on twitter finally some relief. Free mein CC kyu nahi chaiye. I told free mein mall mein ac ka hava khane milta hai toh waha chale jao,call disconnected.

I have noticed one thing that if you start buying thru them ur complex issues will get sorted out else chakkar kat teh raho same branch k ya toh dusri branch jao.

This issue is not there wil PSU banks in my exp(Used BOI, currently using UNION & BOB)might be in some cases but very much less than Private Banks. Have decided going forward not to open account with any Private Banks infact will close a couple from above based on behaviour

Now slowly PSU are improving their service and app experience is also getting better with top 3- 4 PSU's atleast and branch reach is also more. Also their main intention is to provide services to every type of Indian Citizen and not just to sell policies and they are doing decently well. Exceptions are always there. And overall service rates are competitive. Its just they are over crowded at times.

I think 1-2 Decent Pvt bank account is enough to hold for services but these days even Pvt banks have started asking to visit branches for silly things. 😅

Ppl can share their experience. Some thing different to discuss about

a

aaj kal PSUs me bhi bahot pressure hai Insurance Policies ka and we don't even get commission, just selling them to meet our targets else get verbally thrashed in meetings
Thats very bad actually. I remember a recent incident at BOB , from 10-10:15 all were in meeting then the Manager came out shouting 5 sip hai aaj ka target.

You should have escalated to Twitter + directly go to BM cabin and use sweet but touchy words and tell him that this will be escalated to highest of authorities.
A screenshot found from somewhere SBI BM's internal group and let us decide, who is the real culprit? Branch staff, agent or Top authorities. Shameless Banking.

Attachments

• IMG-20231020-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231020-WA0003.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back