• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Be cautious about RBL Icon Credit Card Benefits Promises

Hi Guys, I have applied for RBL Cookies credit card. After the card got approved, I received a call from RBL and the executive convinced me to upgrade to RBL's Icon credit card by giving all fake promises. Please beware of this. Below are the fake promises :
1. You will have only Annual fee, no joining fee.
But after receiving card, I came to know that RBL charge both joining and annual fees for Icon credit card
2. You will get free golf lessons, You will get complimentary passes to award functions, sports events etc..
But after receiving card, I called their concierge desk, they said that everything is on paid basis, simply no complimentary
3. RBL executive told me that 1 RP = 0.25 Paise, But I went through the reward portal, its not even 0.2 Paise for most of the rewards.

Feel free to correct me.
I'm planning to call customer care to downgrade my card to Cookies credit card.
Any thoughts guys ??

anonymuos

TF Ace
Hi Guys, I have applied for RBL Cookies credit card. After the card got approved, I received a call from RBL and the executive convinced me to upgrade to RBL's Icon credit card by giving all fake promises. Please beware of this. Below are the fake promises :
But after receiving card, I came to know that RBL charge both joining and annual fees for Icon credit card
2. You will get free golf lessons, You will get complimentary passes to award functions, sports events etc..
But after receiving card, I called their concierge desk, they said that everything is on paid basis, simply no complimentary
3. RBL executive told me that 1 RP = 0.25 Paise, But I went through the reward portal, its not even 0.2 Paise for most of the rewards.

Feel free to correct me.
Any thoughts guys ??
Was your Cookies card LTF btw or you paid ₹100 fee per month?

sxchzy

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Feel free to correct me.
Any thoughts guys ?
I have this card as this was offered by an agent to me.
1.he mentioned no jf but said annual fee would be there.i said ok at that time.
Later when annual fees was charged I called customer care and asked them to waive it off as I said when the agent sold it to me he had said it would be ltf.
They took some time and now it is ltf.
Apart from that haven't tried golf program and their reward portal Is shit no good brands at all.
So I just use it for bms and bank offers if any now

yeswanth

TF Neo

Feel free to correct me.
Any thoughts guys ??
Hi,
I just got a call from RBL bank after I mailed them to close my credit card. After so much of conversation they are offering me lifetime free ICON credit card, I asked them to send the same confirmation through mail so that I'll agree with the card upgradation.
I'm sensing that they are telling lies regarding the lifetime free.
Any thoughts regarding this lifetime free premium credit card?
Do they provide lifetime free premium cards to some people only?

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Their reward point calculation also gimmick , if they don’t want to give rewards for particular transaction , they mark the transaction as Miscellaneous and they claim no rewards on Miscellaneous, RBL card just like a Credit line , BMS offer also go away very soon.

rodeoSRP

TF Premier
Banker
Hi,
I just got a call from RBL bank after I mailed them to close my credit card. After so much of conversation they are offering me lifetime free ICON credit card, I asked them to send the same confirmation through mail so that I'll agree with the card upgradation.
I'm sensing that they are telling lies regarding the lifetime free.
Any thoughts regarding this lifetime free premium credit card?
Do they provide lifetime free premium cards to some people only?
Same is happening To me Now. The agent said they will offer me LTF ICON card. Is is true? How was your experience? Please share.