• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beaware Indian Oil Citi Card Users converted to Axis Card

I was Indian Oil Citi Bank Card user since 2014 & most frequently fuelup from an Indian Oil Pump named "Mira Service Station" in NewTown (Kolkata) & never had issues on receving accelerated rewards. Since August 2024, it was automatically converted to AxisBank Indian oil card & to my surprise after fueling from the same petrol pump, no accelerated rewards were credited. I called their customer care, initially they accepted & promised to credit differential rewards but nothing after 2 weeks, then I emailed, escalated till pno & after 30-40 days wait, received reply that outlet is not eligible for accelerated reward despite the same was under Citi. To my shock I followed up another time but no result & realizing that following up with them or reaching RBI will be a waste of time for Rs.200 extra bucks, I just closed the card.

Axis Bank paid around 11,000 crores to acquire Citi customers & I can confidently say a lot more Citi customers will quit Axis realizing the service quality difference. To all Citi Card users, kindly compare your rewards & take your decision. Top management of Axis will surely feel the pressure within a year for their injustice to Citi card holders.

Axis Bank paid around 11,000 crores to acquire Citi customers & I can confidently say a lot more Citi customers will quit Axis realizing the service quality difference. To all Citi Card users, kindly compare your rewards & take your decision. Top management of Axis will surely feel the pressure within a year for their injustice to Citi card holders.
You got axis IoCl Normal cc or new launched one ?

LOL I have the other Axis IndianOil Rupay card and I haven't been receiving points for any transactions for the past 4 months. After escalating to PNO they have been doing nothing but sending me emails every few days for the past on month saying they are "working" on it and they need some more time. Knowing Axshit and how they work I have left it and am not using the card anymore. Utter ridiculous crap bank.

1728656592513.webp

LOL I have the other Axis IndianOil Rupay card and I haven't been receiving points for any transactions for the past 4 months. After escalating to PNO they have been doing nothing but sending me emails every few days for the past on month saying they are "working" on it and they need some more time. Knowing Axshit and how they work I have left it and am not using the card anymore. Utter ridiculous crap bank.

View attachment 71841
I got points 2 weeks ago

Axis axis

Wait till end of the next year... They will surely charge me annual fee on my ltf IOCL card... And then not reverse it.
Axis se bada wala <insert choice word> koi nahi... Koi nahi...

Thanks for mentioning the non receipt of Edge points because I just did 1 transaction and have not received them as well.
I had to even follow up with them for Fuel Surcharge waiver and while Citi reversed did the whole amount charged over and above actual fuel cost (Surcharge + GST), these idiots actually charge the GST. HOW THE F**k CAN YOU CHARGE GST ON SOMETHING that is reversed?
What kind of idiotic logic is that?

Anyways my fuel transactions are always 1500 so total charge was 1517.7 and 17.7 was immediately refunded by Citi.
Axis refunded just 15 @ 1% and that too AFTER I Followed up. They fucked up the whole citi image

I spent around 90k on axis neo and i earned only 149 reward points pathetic edge points and pathetic axis. Just keeping neo for 40% off on Zomato other wise i would have closed this shit

I also have this card Citi IOCL migrated to IOCL which I want to close but before closing I want to redeem RPs (axis website says 1RP = 1 RS when redeemed for fuel)

anyone knows how to redeem these RPs for fuel?

I was Indian Oil Citi Bank Card user since 2014 & most frequently fuelup from an Indian Oil Pump named "Mira Service Station" in NewTown (Kolkata) & never had issues on receving accelerated rewards. Since August 2024, it was automatically converted to AxisBank Indian oil card & to my surprise after fueling from the same petrol pump, no accelerated rewards were credited. I called their customer care, initially they accepted & promised to credit differential rewards but nothing after 2 weeks, then I emailed, escalated till pno & after 30-40 days wait, received reply that outlet is not eligible for accelerated reward despite the same was under Citi. To my shock I followed up another time but no result & realizing that following up with them or reaching RBI will be a waste of time for Rs.200 extra bucks, I just closed the card.

Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

(response.escalated@axisbank.com)

This is with reference to your e-mail dated September 15,2024 received at the office of our MD & CEO - Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry regarding reward point related. The reference number for the interaction is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the outset we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As per our telephonic conversation dated October 07,2024 and informed you that there was a technical issue in the system for the same it got delayed in crediting the reward points. However, we have credited the eligible rewards point to the account and same has been confirmed by you. Based on your confirmation over the phone we have closed the complaint. We urge you to treat this incident as an exceptional occurrence and not an indicator of our service levels.

We thank you for banking with us and look forward to your continued patronage.

Trust this clarifies your concerns.

Note: - Interactions are tracked via the Service Request number. We request you not to change the subject line in future correspondence.

We assure you the best of our services.

Warm Regards,
Sujeet Rao-MD desk

Somebody told me dont close old cards, and since this LTF I did not, still using the citi issued card, axis bank has not given me their version yet. anyway i guess just keep till they start charging me .

Somebody told me dont close old cards, and since this LTF I did not, still using the citi issued card, axis bank has not given me their version yet. anyway i guess just keep till they start charging me .

There's a common belief that closing old credit cards can significantly impact your credit score, especially if the card has a long history. In reality, while the age of your credit accounts is a factor, closing an old card doesn’t immediately erase its history from your credit report. It will continue to contribute to your credit history for several years, even after closure.

For example, if you have a 20+ years card (like Citi card) and you close it, the account's history remains part of your credit report for up to 7/10 years. During this time, if you have another card with 10+ years of history, that will still contribute positively to your score.

So, as long as you maintain other long-standing accounts, closing an old card is unlikely to cause a significant change in your score. However, if the card is Lifetime Free (LTF) and you’re still benefiting from it, it might make sense to keep it until that changes.

Its just that we somehow attached to these long credit cards, so hesitant to close first.

There's a common belief that closing old credit cards can significantly impact your credit score, especially if the card has a long history. In reality, while the age of your credit accounts is a factor, closing an old card doesn’t immediately erase its history from your credit report. It will continue to contribute to your credit history for several years, even after closure.

For example, if you have a 20+ years card (like Citi card) and you close it, the account's history remains part of your credit report for up to 7/10 years. During this time, if you have another card with 10+ years of history, that will still contribute positively to your score.

So, as long as you maintain other long-standing accounts, closing an old card is unlikely to cause a significant change in your score. However, if the card is Lifetime Free (LTF) and you’re still benefiting from it, it might make sense to keep it until that changes.

Its just that we somehow attached to these long credit cards, so hesitant to close first.
Another reason is difficulty in getting LTF cards nowadays compared to past. Earlier mostly all the banks used to run various promotions to offer their cards LTF but today the number of such cards with zero fee has been reduced. So in-spite of getting no benefits on existing LTF card we still hesitate to close it due to lack of alternate option with LTF benefit.

I am having the same issue and have been fighting for almost 2 months with PNO over this. However just getting templated replies.
Have escalated to Amitabh Chaudhry now. Lets see if it helps.

Last edited:
Back