• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Benefit of Low Credit Limit on card in Card Portfolio

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I see most of us like to have higher credit limit, for various reasons. Which is good:)

I have slightly different take, I think we should have any one credit card with lower limit for following reason :)

Background - a year back I used my SCBU card on domain company (reasonably know and large, starts with NameC), and I think my card got stored, the following day I had 2, transaction worth $500+ from some unknown European sites, places. I promptly got my card replaced with new number. Since then I am bit conscious to used by card on various sites (domain, hosting, etc small expenses during international travel)

Requirements/Solutions
I'm currently looking for unsecured card
- card with with 50k limit (lower the better)
-acceptable in international payment gateway
-good app, so that we can cancel, track,manage, etc.

I am not looking for secured credit card.

I was hopeful that 1 card will give me lower limit, but unfortunately it is also quite high, currently for small transaction I mainly uses IDFC select.

However for solutions or suggestions if anyone have any views

Thank you

:)
People here search CCs with higher limits ... I think it's quite hard to get CC with lower limits given we once have CCs with high limits 🤔
Different people different use case. I already have too much limit on lot of card. For some transaction like paying toll, Petrol at remote places etc I would prefer lower limit card, let's see.

I see most of us like to have higher credit limit, for various reasons. Which is good:)

I have slightly different take, I think we should have any one credit card with lower limit for following reason :)

Background - a year back I used my SCBU card on domain company (reasonably know and large, starts with NameC), and I think my card got stored, the following day I had 2, transaction worth $500+ from some unknown European sites, places. I promptly got my card replaced with new number. Since then I am bit conscious to used by card on various sites (domain, hosting, etc small expenses during international travel)

Requirements/Solutions
I'm currently looking for unsecured card
- card with with 50k limit (lower the better)
-acceptable in international payment gateway
-good app, so that we can cancel, track,manage, etc.

I am not looking for secured credit card.

I was hopeful that 1 card will give me lower limit, but unfortunately it is also quite high, currently for small transaction I mainly uses IDFC select.

However for solutions or suggestions if anyone have any views

Thank you
Try any of these 4 cards, if you get by chance it will not be over 1 Lakh:-

1. Axis Bank
2. HSBC
3. Bank of Baroda

BOB would be perfect for you, however, if I may, since you are interested in international transaction, might want to consider a card which has lowest foreign currency/foreign currency charges.

One card has fairly low, like 1% or something (if I remember correctly)

So, whatever card you pick, its better to see that also.

BOB would be perfect for you, however, if I may, since you are interested in international transaction, might want to consider a card which has lowest foreign currency/foreign currency charges.

One card has fairly low, like 1% or something (if I remember correctly)

So, whatever card you pick, its better to see that also.
Thanks mate. Have 1 card with limit of close to 10Lacs. And reward rate is very bad, but use is sometime to use the feature (slide to pay)

My main card for international spend is HDFC Infinia, however these small recurring transaction on domains and hosting I want to put it on a small card, instead of exposing large limit card.

If nothing works, I may use of this PSB banks debit card, will keep small Balance in that ac. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks again for suggestions friend.

Back