• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best bank account

AllSeeker

TF Ace
ICICI mine is an online account i want to apply for physical account in the branch and in kotak there is fd of 10k .
Kotak 811 was zero balance, there was no fd thing.

However, I do suggest going for IDFC 10k or Axis 10k account, they are very good options, especially IDFC since everything is free for that account, including debit card. I personally recently shifted my account from axis 10k to IDFC one.

1k is too less, in that range you might be restricted by what options you get, try BOB, SBI like banks if kotak 811 does not satisfy you.

Bob78900

TF Premier

However, I do suggest going for IDFC 10k or Axis 10k account, they are very good options, especially IDFC since everything is free for that account, including debit card. I personally recently shifted my account from axis 10k to IDFC one.

1k is too less, in that range you might be restricted by what options you get, try BOB, SBI like banks if kotak 811 does not satisfy you.
You can have all features in kotak 811 also. You can use this bank in offline also
How
You can have all features in kotak 811 also. You can use this bank in offline also
How branch wille be alloted to me? As this is an online account? I need account for basic services like debit card netbanking cheque book etc I don't need any special benefits as i am going to use this as an secondary account.

Bob78900

TF Premier

I don't need any special benefits i just need basic services which all banks give i want to open bank account with minimum monthly balance maintenance. And yaa there should be no restriction on max balance

mukundstud

TF Premier
I have Canara and PNB, they are 'good'.
My parents have their accounts in PNB. Recently from Jan 14/15 this year, PNB is asking to maintain ₹5000 in urban and metro accounts. PNB's mobile banking app is also unreliable in its current state. But my parents are satisfied with the branch service as the staff knows them and resolves their issues quickly. They even changed the mobile no. mapped to my mother's account on just a phone call. Though I find it a risky thing to do.

mukundstud

TF Premier
ICICI mine is an online account i want to apply for physical account in the branch and in kotak there is fd of 10k .
ICICI Mine is just like a regular account, but with 0 balance. You can do your things offline too. I have that account and use it a lot for cash deposits at branch. You will be allotted your home branch based on the PIN Code you enter in the ICICI Mine application. The biggest downside of this account is the opening process and KYC process. My video KYC failed when I tried to open the account. On visiting the branch, the staff was constantly trying to persuade me to shift to 10k maintenance account and delaying the bio-metric KYC process. But in the end, I completed my KYC and now, using the account without any charges. I have not even been charged annual debit card fee or SMS fee even after 1.5 years of account usage.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
When you open via bob world app... Its zero balance... Currently using... In that u get visa classic virtual card... The one from bob website... It has mab... And you get unlimited virtual rupay platinum card
Okay, did not know this, my Bob account was basically inherited from Vijaya bank, where I had taken education loan from. Bob took over Vijaya bank....

Bob78900

TF Premier
ICICI Mine is just like a regular account, but with 0 balance. You can do your things offline too. I have that account and use it a lot for cash deposits at branch. You will be allotted your home branch based on the PIN Code you enter in the ICICI Mine application. The biggest downside of this account is the opening process and KYC process. My video KYC failed when I tried to open the account. On visiting the branch, the staff was constantly trying to persuade me to shift to 10k maintenance account and delaying the bio-metric KYC process. But in the end, I completed my KYC and now, using the account without any charges. I have not even been charged annual debit card fee or SMS fee even after 1.5 years of account usage.
What is the maximum amount you can deposit in this account? And in 1 month how many times you can do cash deposit at branch?