• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best cards for Insurance payment

Himanshu Rathi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If your premium is less than 20k, you can go for HDFC Millenia for 5% cashback.
If it's more than 20k and Insurance is in your name or your close family member's name then you can go for Axis Freecharge Plus Card for roughly 4% cashback.

oneeightone

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Use Tata Neu Infinity for 5% cashback on payments up to 50k. Pay through Tata Neu app
Hi @Virgo - I believe we cannot pay insurance premiums by credit cards through Tata Neu app right?
I tried using the bill pay section of the tata neu app to pay off my ICICI Pru (25k premium) using my Neu Inifinity - however I am unable to select card payment as a method to pay

Please let me know if I am missing anything? Thanks a lot!

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi @Virgo - I believe we cannot pay insurance premiums by credit cards through Tata Neu app right?
I tried using the bill pay section of the tata neu app to pay off my ICICI Pru (25k premium) using my Neu Inifinity - however I am unable to select card payment as a method to pay

Please let me know if I am missing anything? Thanks a lot!
I made an insurance payment of Rs 56k in April and was able to do so using Neu Infinity. Not sure if anything changed afterwards

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
A payment of 10L for insurance is indeed a significant amount, and the best way to pay it may vary depending on the debit and credit cards you currently hold. It would be helpful if you could share the specific cards you have so that we can provide more tailored suggestions. In the meantime, it's a good idea to start accumulating Amazon GV if the payment is not due immediately. Additionally, you can use the search function in our forum as this is a commonly asked question.

watchguys

TF Buzz
i only have Tata Neu infinity CC and HDFC Infinia CC (based on Fixed deposit) as I'm new to CC world and have less CBIL score. I can also get a Debit card if any one gives 1% flat cashback or more.

Best credit card for the insurance payment from the following
  1. Amazon pay icici
  2. Sbi prime
  3. Hdfc millenia
  4. Idfc millenia
  5. Citi rewards
  6. One card
  7. Icici platinum
  8. Tata neu.
Apart from cards, you could also provide alternate options for better cashback or rewards

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Best way is to redeem Gyftr vouchers of Amazon Pay using HDFC Infinia or Axis Magnus and then use those vouchers on Amazon Pay to pay for insurance.

Vksss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Best way is to redeem Gyftr vouchers of Amazon Pay using HDFC Infinia or Axis Magnus and then use those vouchers on Amazon Pay to pay for insurance.
for axis magnus, the reward rate comes out to be 1.2% or 2.4% miles, which is pretty bad or M i missing something?