• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best cashback Debit cards

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Is there a better debit card for cashbacks than Jupiter Debit card (powered by Federal Bank) as it gives 1% cashback on any 'qualified purchase' upto 150 rupees per month

I will be doing nearly a lakh+ purchase (complete online) from my debit card per month, so wanted the card which provides the best value in terms of cashback or reward.

Note:
1. No CC is available for payment so please mention the DCs which will provide the best cashback (unlimited).

1) The best option is to get a CC. Get a Magnus card. The 1 lakh spend aligns perfectly. Or if you can't get a Magnus fast get an Amazon Pay LTF. It is very easy. For everything you get at least a 1% cashback; sometimes 2% and sometimes 5%. Pay everything with the CC. Then get 2 HDFC Savings Max accounts. So you will get 2 HDFC Platinum cards LTF. Now you can pay 75000 worth of CC bills on each card using HDFC BillPay DC option

2) If you don't want to get a CC then try this DC. Caution: Personally I have not tested, though I have applied. But Karvanna who created the thread has tested it: https://www.technofino.in/community...card-benefits-best-debit-card-ever-seen.4476/

3) Another option is Axis Liberty: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-liberty-bank-account-suggestion.1504/

4) Please read this discussion: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-cashback-debit-cards.2451/

Last edited:
I will be doing nearly a lakh+ purchase (complete online) from my debit card per month, so wanted the card which provides the best value in terms of cashback or reward.

Note:
1. No CC is available for payment so please mention the DCs which will provide the best cashback (unlimited).
What will you be purchasing? Check Citi gold which has good cashback offer ongoing till they pack the bags. NRV is quite high though.

1) The best option is to get a CC. Get a Magnus card. The 1 lakh spend aligns perfectly. Or if you can't get a Magnus fast get an Amazon Pay LTF. It is very easy. For everything you get at least a 1% cashback; sometimes 2% and sometimes 5%. Pay everything with the CC. Then get 2 HDFC Savings Max accounts. So you will get 2 HDFC Platinum cards LTF. Now you can pay 75000 worth of CC bills on each card using HDFC BillPay DC option

2) If you don't want to get a CC then try this DC. Caution: Personally I have not tested, though I have applied. But Karvanna who created the thread has tested it: https://www.technofino.in/community...card-benefits-best-debit-card-ever-seen.4476/

3) Another option is Axis Liberty: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-liberty-bank-account-suggestion.1504/

4) Please read this discussion: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-cashback-debit-cards.2451/
Thanks a lot for writing!!!
1) Won't work as only debit card or UPI or Net Banking option available
2) AMC is too much
3)Best Option
4)Read that and saw 3) is best

One account one card
But one customer ID can have multiple a/c's of the same type in the same branch. I'm an HDFC Classic customer and I have 2 Savings Max accounts (which means 2 different free Platinum DCs) in the same branch. I think it would work even for non-Classic customers.
How to open the second account in HDFC, also will I have to maintain ₹25,000 in each account?

How to open the second account in HDFC, also will I have to maintain ₹25,000 in each account?
It depends on the type of customer that you are. For Classic & upwards, you don't need to maintain the MAB in the savings account as long as your maintain the FD cushion (5L for classic)
I've got Classic so for me, no MAB. Never tried it out though but I remember the RM telling me when I opened the first account. And it is mentioned here too
Charges on non Maintainence of minimum Balance in Savings AccountsNil

I paid using hdfc bill pay but did nt get 1per cashback how to get 1 per cashback on cc bill pay
Pay using HDFC BillPay. Make sure you choose debit card and not NetBanking. Uncheck any ticks for smartpay/auto pay and others
Then wait for 2 days for the points to get credited
Once you reach 250 points (make sure you do it while they are valid), create a redemption request. 2 days later you get it as a rupee credit in your savings account

Pay using HDFC BillPay. Make sure you choose debit card and not NetBanking. Uncheck any ticks for smartpay/auto pay and others
Once you reach 250 points (make sure you do it while they are valid), create a redemption request. 2 days later you get it as a rupee credit in your savings account
Ohk thanks bro just now i checked i paid via netbanking. There was debit card in option but i didnt know. Thank u i wl be careful next time

Any idea how we can earn cashback on hdfc visa plat by paying hdfc cc bill

It depends on the type of customer that you are. For Classic & upwards, you don't need to maintain the MAB in the savings account as long as your maintain the FD cushion (5L for classic)
I've got Classic so for me, no MAB. Never tried it out though but I remember the RM telling me when I opened the first account. And it is mentioned here too
I just wanted to know that how to open the second account?

Do you need to maintain both accounts with AMB?

No, I'm a Classic customer with an FD cushion. So technically I don't need to maintain it in either. I keep the money in both though so never tested whether they will deduct. They shouldn't. But that is only for Classic & above who maintain the FD cushion

SavingsMax 25K MAB can be waived with 1 lakh FD itself, 5L is not necessary just FYI.

SavingsMax 25K MAB can be waived with 1 lakh FD itself, 5L is not necessary just FYI.
Thank you. I had completely forgotten that it was 1L and thought it was 5L. I now remember I opted for the 5L for Classic, as I wanted to add family members, plus I wanted to remove some of the money I had in BOI (I thought it was going to be privatised soon) and distribute it in some private banks upto a limit of 5L per bank

Last edited:
Back