• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Credit Card for Electricity Bill Payment > 10000?

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now that Axis capped the cashback to max 500 on Ace after June 15th, it is only useful for <=10000 payment.

thegame

TF Premier
Yes for ios payzapp and bhim rocks
Just now paid a bill IMG_2994.jpeg
max of UPI cb is 500Rs (1.5%) right.. and now ACE also devalued to 500 per month so it means only bill payments of 10k per month would fetch CB going forward 😢.. they should have kept like yearly cap of 15k CB especially for annual plan payments folks like me as you might end up with BB - yearly /EB bills of around 30k in a month which was like 1.5k CB earlier but now only 500 max and can't make use of next month's CB..

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My friend made use of this loophole for 1.07L. HDFC risk team is doing investigations on his account and asked for details of transaction.

Anyone got a call from risk team? If we decline, do they close the card?
So far nothing
This is the 3rd month I am doing so
Note: those who read this consider the risk on ur side
For me if tata close the card also i will be happy lol

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So far nothing
This is the 3rd month I am doing so
Note: those who read this consider the risk on ur side
For me if tata close the card also i will be happy lol
I have received call from risk team for bill payment addition. I added 20 credit cards in under 30 minutes and they called me. They were very courteous and had no issue. I had an opposite experience with Bank of Baroda.

If we say we made payments for bills, I think they cannot ask for which bill. I hope they are just calling for large transactions to protect us. BOB on the other hand was calling to protect themselves from 3.75% cashback. So I think the context matters. So far I hear no bad intentions from HDFC risk team.