• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for shopping in departmental and Apparel Stores

Shvmchhbr

TF Buzz
I am looking for credit card which provides best cashback for shopping in departmental Stores like Dmart, EasyDay , more and some apparel stores like Peter England , van huesen etc

Any card for apparels now that Citi is done?

non-gyftr stores -- stanC manhattan 5% (offline)
gyftr stores / other online stores -- sbi cb 5% (online & offline)

other offline -- 1.5% or 2% cb cards.

these are for cashback cards, further depends on spends, redemption, fee paying capability, income to obtain premium or super premium cards may increase with different values and redemption.

non-gyftr stores -- stanC manhattan 5% (offline)
gyftr stores / other online stores -- sbi cb 5% (online & offline)

other offline -- 1.5% or 2% cb cards.

these are for cashback cards, further depends on spends, redemption, fee paying capability, income to obtain premium or super premium cards may increase with different values and redemption.
Thank you for the information.

With so many cards giving 10% on Grocery, it feels underwhelming that CC offers are very sparse in offline fashion space, which is usually a high margin business (atleast for Zara- VeroModa- ABGL etc).

Kotak Myntra 7.5% or its GV ~10% are atleast there. (Amazon and Flipkart too in Sales).

Manhattan's 5% is a bit restrictive.
It has a cap of 150rs per transaction. This means no value above 3000rs spent in one go. Also has minimum spend criteria of 1000rs.
I don't have this card but read it on SC's fine print.

never faced issue with split transaction and yes, 1000 is minimum and I believe Apparels usually need more than 1000 if I'm not wrong.

You'll get issue if you're using for grocery where 1000 may not be possible everytime but cloths usually need more than that.

4000 bill, ask to bill 2000+2000. its as we like it.

Note: For offline grocery, 10% cards available so not recommended. Its only for offline departmental store purchases.

It is mentioned in point 8 of T&C.
If SC is not following up with the condition mentioned then that's great.

I used that card 2 years, and whenever it crossed 3000, I split.

3500rs. entire bill, and I ask at the counter 2000 one transaction and 1500 another transaction.

>1000, <3000 both satisfied and I got cashback.

8700rs. entire bill, and I ask the trends counter 3000, 3000, 2700rs. three times I have to enter the pin.

You can always split the bill as you like it. Every shop accepts afaik.

as per point 8, you just have to make sure that single transaction >1000 and <3000, thats it.

Ohh.
So which card you can refer now for retail offline transactions?
check this .

Back