• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Debit Card for Withdrawing Cash from International ATMs in Vietnam and Thailand with Minimal Fees?

Hello everyone,

I'm on a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, and I'm looking for a debit card that allows me to withdraw cash from ATMs with zero or minimal withdrawal fees. I'd love to hear about your experiences and recommendations.

- Which banks or financial institutions offer the best debit cards for this purpose?
- Are there any specific cards that have consistently low fees or even no fees for international ATM withdrawals in these countries?
- Any tips on avoiding extra charges or maximizing exchange rates?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello everyone,

I'm on a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, and I'm looking for a debit card that allows me to withdraw cash from ATMs with zero or minimal withdrawal fees. I'd love to hear about your experiences and recommendations.

- Which banks or financial institutions offer the best debit cards for this purpose?
- Are there any specific cards that have consistently low fees or even no fees for international ATM withdrawals in these countries?

INDIE VISA Signature DC
AU Royale world DC

IDFC WOW CC
RBL WORLD SAFARI CC

I haven't tried this yet but suggesting based on on-paper benefits

INDIE VISA Signature DC
AU Royale world DC

IDFC WOW CC
RBL WORLD SAFARI CC

I haven't tried this yet but suggesting based on on-paper benefits
IDFC Wealth CC only allows withdrawal upto 10,000 INR on each txns and takes 200 INR fees. Which means indirectly we need to pay 2% on each transaction. Probably same rule applies to other IDFC cards

They have hidden this point in the fine print

Hello everyone,

Indusind exclusive account with Visa Signature exclusive and Mastercard World exclusive Debit card comes with unlimited free international ATM withdrawals and 0 forex markup.

More details here: https://www.indusind.com/content/da...es/savings-account/SOB-SA-Indus-Exclusive.pdf

IDFC Wealth CC only allows withdrawal upto 10,000 INR on each txns and takes 200 INR fees. Which means indirectly we need to pay 2% on each transaction. Probably same rule applies to other IDFC cards

They have hidden this point in the fine print
I don't think this is true. Have you tried yourself?

I have withdrawn more than 25K worth of local currency in Singapore, Dubai using IDFC Wow CC in single instance. No such restriction

Could you please tell how is acceptance rate of credit cards in Bali? Is it accepted in many places or cash is the king there?
It’s half and half.. most of big stores, restaurants, hotels accept credit card.. but all local shops, guides, taxi’s accept cash only..
And one Indian restaurant ask me to add 2-3% if paid by card

Hello everyone,

Mate, I'm panning for a trip to these2 countries in Nov this year. What's your exp in cash withdrawals in both places? Which cards did you use to withdraw cash for free (no forex, no atm fee, no interest etc) in both locations?

Check if DBS is present there and then if DBS India Debit Card offers any special benefits. I had kept the Citi account active for a long time to benefit from no charge global withdrawals but alas!

Mate, I'm panning for a trip to these2 countries in Nov this year. What's your exp in cash withdrawals in both places? Which cards did you use to withdraw cash for free (no forex, no atm fee, no interest etc) in both locations?
I used Regular cards for withdrawing cash. At Vietnam I almost paid 5-6% per withdrawal and at Thailand I paid 8-10% per withdrawal.

Percentage depends on the amount you withdraw, coz there are some fixed charges like in Thailand you have to pay 220baht for each transaction on ATM plus 100+GST charges from Indian Bank plus currency conversion charges around 4%

Back