• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Debit Card for Withdrawing Cash from International ATMs in Vietnam and Thailand with Minimal Fees?

Hello everyone,

I'm on a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, and I'm looking for a debit card that allows me to withdraw cash from ATMs with zero or minimal withdrawal fees. I'd love to hear about your experiences and recommendations.

- Which banks or financial institutions offer the best debit cards for this purpose?
- Are there any specific cards that have consistently low fees or even no fees for international ATM withdrawals in these countries?
- Any tips on avoiding extra charges or maximizing exchange rates?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I used Regular cards for withdrawing cash. At Vietnam I almost paid 5-6% per withdrawal and at Thailand I paid 8-10% per withdrawal.

Percentage depends on the amount you withdraw, coz there are some fixed charges like in Thailand you have to pay 220baht for each transaction on ATM plus 100+GST charges from Indian Bank plus currency conversion charges around 4%
Oooh... Thats too much charges you paid. You couldve used fi dc or indusind exclusive a/c dc. I have fi dc, rbl sig+ dc and niyo dc. Will juggle and see

Indusind exclusive account with Visa Signature exclusive and Mastercard World exclusive Debit card comes with unlimited free international ATM withdrawals and 0 forex markup.

More details here: https://www.indusind.com/content/da...es/savings-account/SOB-SA-Indus-Exclusive.pdf
I would say the most reliable option is this. Also you can get this account for free if you just hold indusind pinnacle card. No other relationship needs to be maintained lol. All other players and options are smaller banks or companies which can't be relied upon solely because you can look upto how many cards and banks neo card has partnered for their products again and again and their performance. There are more cases with others too.

After this option, you may go with indusind indie but still that has some onboarding issue + its basically more like a paytm bank account, even though its indusind its not completely same as having a normal indusind bank account.

When you travel to foreign countries, you should always have reliability in mind. Saving mere 100rs or 200rs or forex is okay but the option which you have should be reliable else its pure luck that it worked or not.

Back