• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Debit Card in the World? & Why?

Guys, this is just an informational post. This account/debit card might be useful for some, but most people can probably ignore it. The Schwab brokerage account is great if you trade or invest in the US. However, opening this account just for the debit card isn’t a good idea if you live outside the US and can’t visit the country.
One more question. Charles Schwab allows Indians to trade in margin trading like futures and options? or just only investing?

very informative post. Thanks for sharing. After account is opened and debit card is received, to fund the account before international trips, account name to transfer fund to will be on my name or on Charles’s Schwab name with further credit to instruction? Asking as you said it is not a regular saving account @TechnoFino

Wah I had no idea they gave the DC in India as well, I just assumed it won't be available here.
Calling them up right away

very informative post. Thanks for sharing. After account is opened and debit card is received, to fund the account before international trips, account name to transfer fund to will be on my name or on Charles’s Schwab name with further credit to instruction? Asking as you said it is not a regular saving account @TechnoFino
You can use this as a normal us bank account, schwab will provide you details for wire transfer or other transfers.

There was an opportunity to open a Charles Schwab brokerage account for free, even if you lived in India. TD Ameritrade, which recently merged with Charles Schwab, allowed Indians to open brokerage accounts with zero deposit. All TD Ameritrade accounts were converted to Charles Schwab brokerage accounts. This happened in the last quarter of 2023, if I'm not mistaken.
So, opening a Charles Schwab account with zero deposit was definitely possible if planned accordingly.

There was an opportunity to open a Charles Schwab brokerage account for free, even if you lived in India. TD Ameritrade, which recently merged with Charles Schwab, allowed Indians to open brokerage accounts with zero deposit. All TD Ameritrade accounts were converted to Charles Schwab brokerage accounts. This happened in the last quarter of 2023, if I'm not mistaken.
So, opening a Charles Schwab account with zero deposit was definitely possible if planned accordingly.
Ye Cheej pehale batani thi bro in Last quarter of 2023

why didn't you tell us? It was once in a lifetime kind of opportunity.

All looholes / tricks / offers come in the open only after the party is over!!
Would have been gold if we knew this then!!

All looholes / tricks / offers come in the open only after the party is over!!
Would have been gold if we knew this then!!
This was not a loophole... absolutely not.
I've been holding a Charles Schwab brokerage account for about 4 years and didn’t pay much attention to their merger. But yes, I should have posted this information here. Many people could have benefited from it.

This was not a loophole... absolutely not.
I've been holding a Charles Schwab brokerage account for about 4 years and didn’t pay much attention to their merger. But yes, I should have posted this information here. Many people could have benefited from it.
Where shall I keep this sadness.

Back