• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

I agree policy looks really nice, however heard very poor stories about niva when it comes to claim processing or service.

Didn't get you, can you elaborate?
are you working in niva or any health insurance company?
i am a doc and so far have seen good settlement claims for niva
i dont know what you have heard
but me and my colleagues have been using niva and even whom i recommended never complained
so i adviced based on my experience
may be different states different people working and different issues

Didn't get you? Isn't the premium for aspire (for particular age slab and SI) fixed and standard as shown in niva Bupa website? Or we can still get at lower premiums than directly buying on niva Bupa website
the agent who did mine and my colleagues will send you his % of share income so this way we get the premium saved lower than policy bazaar and even from niva website itself

the agent who did mine and my colleagues will send you his % of share income so this way we get the premium saved lower than policy bazaar and even from niva website itself
Okay u bought the policy offline via agent it seems? In contrast offline prices are generally higher compared to online channels. But in your case, the agent share their hefty commissions it seems

Okay u bought the policy offline via agent it seems? In contrast offline prices are generally higher compared to online channels. But in your case, the agent share their hefty commissions it seems
Prices are same for offline & online except for first year.
The agent gets 15%,so he shares some with the aware customers in order to reach his target & get higher commission & Europe trip 😆

Prices are same for offline & online except for first year.
The agent gets 15%,so he shares some with the aware customers in order to reach his target & get higher commission & Europe trip 😆
For some companies it's 20+% . Star health used to give but not now. They may say 15%, but some companies give them more. So even if they share % in first year, they are not in loss.

Acko is serving limited policies. Check once on acko for your family, if it covers, you can go for it else check for policies on policy bazaar. I bought 1Cr health insurance covering 3 family members today (10L base and 90L topup). It was Max Bupa Health Saver plan
Top up is very different than base cover and has lot of sub-clauses

Just a question, Based on your experience, how is Niva Bupa (especially in 60+ segment). Also does taking it from policy bazaar helps during claim process? Which company insurance did you find best based on your own/family/acquaintance experience, keeping cost factor aside.

i am a doc and so far have seen good settlement claims for niva
i dont know what you have heard
but me and my colleagues have been using niva and even whom i recommended never complained
so i adviced based on my experience
may be different states different people working and different issues
Saw random blogs and few youtube videos which confirms to stay away from Niva.

Complaint ratio of niva is above 40% - the highest in the industry as per ditto insurance YouTube channel.

Anyways thanks for sharing your experience, will stick to HDFC ergo for now.

Saw random blogs and few youtube videos which confirms to stay away from Niva.

Complaint ratio of niva is above 40% - the highest in the industry as per ditto insurance YouTube channel.

Anyways thanks for sharing your experience, will stick to HDFC ergo for now.
Another factor to consider, Niva started selling very low cost insurance too, I have seen some duffers buying the policy when they had to undergo surgery. Those claims create a lot of noise. It's hard for us to differentiate between genuine claims being rejected and non-sense claim being rejected. Even Nova is not very transparent about it, or in fact no company is. They should submit a statistic for distribution of rejections across various reasons

Back