• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best platform for selling old phone

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
It holds true for any Android device, regardless of its price range, that their value tends to diminish over time. On the other hand, Apple devices generally retain good value and price even after a year. However, what bothers me the most about Apple is their excessive restrictions even on the simplest of tasks.

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
this applies to apple as well, example iPhone 14 will be available for around 50K in Oct this year whereas it was launched at 75k around. So in 1 year, the price would be 65-70%
It holds true for any Android device, regardless of its price range, that their value tends to diminish over time. On the other hand, Apple devices generally retain good value and price even after a year. However, what bothers me the most about Apple is their excessive restrictions even on the simplest of tasks.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
this applies to apple as well, example iPhone 14 will be available for around 50K in Oct this year whereas it was launched at 75k around. So in 1 year, the price would be 65-70%
This marketing tactic applies mainly to entry-level iPhones, not the higher-end variants. Apple aims to attract more consumers in India to use their devices. I have observed that the value of the Pro or Pro Max models does not depreciate significantly. However, if you were to purchase a Samsung Ultra or Plus model and reassess its value the following year, you might find it quite amusing. 🤣

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Kthis applies to apple as well, example iPhone 14 will be available for around 50K in Oct this year whereas it was launched at 75k around. So in 1 year, the price would be 65-70%
These are offers involving various stakeholders for giving discounts. Right now, the same iPhone 14(128 GB) is available between 65K to 69K on various selling platforms. Devaluation of new Product through offers and devaluation of used one is totally different thing. @4uziaul

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
iPhone 14 will be available for around 50K in Oct - see last year during big billion sale I made my mind to purchase 13 pro 256gb that never went for a discount and 128gb iphone 13 regular did for 46 to 49 with fk axis card. And then I have track iphone 14 n 14 pro max 256gb all received discount on fk for thr firs time for the pro series it was feb of this year alright. So it was 10 to 12k discount. So that 50k for iphone 14 only apply to base variant. That too never few would apply to buy cause I tried to book that 50k iphone 13 it was out of stock within second and them for the sake of booking I booked 128gb variant for 55k just to cancel 2 days later I had My reason. Plus NO GST I could claim during that offer. Apple knew all this so they give offer to base variant only vs pro model

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yes, the offer comes only on base iphone model and is useful for people like me who are happy with base models - i'm upgrading iphone from 3-4 years every year this way :D i sell after 11 months or so to webuy and upgrade by adding 10-15k. last year they did this gimmick of updating the price every few minutes or so, from 48999 they increased the price to 52999 in 2 hours but earlier they didn't use these tactics. i got it for 50k iphone 13, i will sell it in oct first week and then buy 14 :D
iPhone 14 will be available for around 50K in Oct - see last year during big billion sale I made my mind to purchase 13 pro 256gb that never went for a discount and 128gb iphone 13 regular did for 46 to 49 with fk axis card. And then I have track iphone 14 n 14 pro max 256gb all received discount on fk for thr firs time for the pro series it was feb of this year alright. So it was 10 to 12k discount. So that 50k for iphone 14 only apply to base variant. That too never few would apply to buy cause I tried to book that 50k iphone 13 it was out of stock within second and them for the sake of booking I booked 128gb variant for 55k just to cancel 2 days later I had My reason. Plus NO GST I could claim during that offer. Apple knew all this so they give offer to base variant only vs pro model

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I sold my oneplus 7 pro on 28/10/2022 and it 12gb with 256gb storage your is one yr more older with base storage vs mine. Where I paid 60k for that phone too now when it was launched. And plus it 2k display vs 1080 on oneplus 6.
Still using OnePlus 7 pro 256gb working well, my primary mobile is iPhone 12 but I use 7 pro much due to Android

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Also no call recording :😀

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
This marketing tactic applies mainly to entry-level iPhones, not the higher-end variants. Apple aims to attract more consumers in India to use their devices. I have observed that the value of the Pro or Pro Max models does not depreciate significantly. However, if you were to purchase a Samsung Ultra or Plus model and reassess its value the following year, you might find it quite amusing. 🤣
Reason being Pro models aren't made in India yet. So they have to pay hefty import charges. These fixed costs make it less affordable in India. Hope to see them built in India soon.

jabwebanged

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Cashify: I have sold multiple old phones here my 2 cents. For my 7 Pro 256GB variant, I sold it for 21k. When the person arrived to purchase the phone, they initially offered 19.5k to 20k. I politely declined, stating that I wouldn't accept anything lower. However, the person eventually agreed and said it was not a problem, but I made sure they didn't lower the price because I knew my phone was in perfect condition.
I've sold 4 phones through cashify and they have never given the agreed value. Always find a small scratch or something and complain. Then they send pics to some whatsapp group and say our superior is saying this is the actual value - take it or leave it.
I guess i should have been more persistent and stuck to my ground but i took the easy way out and accepted reduced amount.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I've sold 4 phones through cashify and they have never given the agreed value. Always find a small scratch or something and complain. Then they send pics to some whatsapp group and say our superior is saying this is the actual value - take it or leave it.
I guess i should have been more persistent and stuck to my ground but i took the easy way out and accepted reduced amount.
So, I sold approximately three phones and one iPad through Cashify, and all of them were in perfect condition. However, the agent managed to find an issue with them and reminded me that the initial price was just a quotation. After some negotiation and back-and-forth, I eventually accepted the offers for all three devices. However, when it came to the OnePlus 7 Pro, I knew I wouldn't sell it for anything less than the quoted price. It was a "take it or leave it" situation for me. The reason I sold the phone was because I couldn't update to the latest Android version and flash custom ROMs anymore, and the phone was too large for my preference. However, I would have kept it if the price was reduced.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Reason being Pro models aren't made in India yet. So they have to pay hefty import charges. These fixed costs make it less affordable in India. Hope to see them built in India soon.
Agreed! However, even after a year, they still maintain a good resale value compared to similar Android phones, which tend to depreciate significantly.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Website looks a scam
Not a scam, but I found better deals elsewhere. webuy has extensive checking and expect reduced prices there.

Cashify worked for me, though you need to keep an eye on deductions though for. IF you stay sharp, you can get the price shown at initial screening. Executive who comes for checking and pickup tries to reduce price citing some reasons.