• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Premium Savings Account

joshmas

TF Buzz
I had a Savings account with IDFC. I also had the First Select card with them. After one year of usage without default, I asked for an upgrade to Wealth, and surprisingly they refused. Since I did not have an HDFC Credit card, I wanted to get one and hence opened a Max Savings account. I applied for a Regalia credit card which was processed. Unfortunately, the bank guy went to a wrong house, and updated that I am not in that address. Hence the application was rejected. I tried to apply again, but bank is rejecting again. It looks like having a savings account is in no way helping to get a credit card.

Is it better to close the savings account and go to some other bank which offers a premium savings account and better benefits? If so, which banks are good. My salary account is with ICICI

Why Platinum? Millennia has more benefit than Platinum & cashback rules are more useful
Basically, it depends how you want to use your card. I am using platinum card only for credit card payments, so that i can get a cashback upto 750Rs/month(you will get this Cashback in 2-3 days approximately), whereas with millennia, i will get upto 400rs cashback only for credit card bill payments(you will get this cashback after 90 days approximately). Also, platinum has 8 lounge access/year whereas millennia has 4 access/year.
These are the two highlights of differences between them according to my usage.

Basically, it depends how you want to use your card. I am using platinum card only for credit card payments, so that i can get a cashback upto 750Rs/month(you will get this Cashback in 2-3 days approximately), whereas with millennia, i will get upto 400rs cashback only for credit card bill payments(you will get this cashback after 90 days approximately). Also, platinum has 8 lounge access/year whereas millennia has 4 access/year.
i haven't got any cashabck from platinum card done every credit card payment with it through hdfc bill payment it is more than 100 days

i haven't got any cashabck from platinum card done every credit card payment with it through hdfc bill payment it is more than 100 days
You should check with customer care, also you should be 100% sure that you have made all your payments with platinum card because at the time of making payment, there are 2 options, bank account and debit card.

i think, HDFC Doesn't give cashback in cc bill payment through debit card...

how do you get 750rs cashback through a platinum debit card...in case of cc bill payment?

Recently, I upgraded my HDFC regular SB account to savings max account. And I chose platinum card. The only reason I chose Platinum is higher ATM cash withdrawal limit. With platinum card you can withdraw 1lakh per day. But millennia is capped at 50K per day. I didn't think much about rewards just wanted a card for emergency cash purpose.

Recently, I upgraded my HDFC regular SB account to savings max account. And I chose platinum card. The only reason I chose Platinum is higher ATM cash withdrawal limit. With platinum card you can withdraw 1lakh per day. But millennia is capped at 50K per day. I didn't think much about rewards just wanted a card for emergency cash purpose.
How did you upgrade, by using form?

I also asked for update to savings max, my RM is saying can't find the form😡 will update 2moro..one week gone...

Please stick to the topic folks.

Continue discussion on HDFC Bill payment here:

If your salary account is in ICICI, you can easily get an Credit Card, it's based on your income. APay card you can get if you have any income, but for Coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro, you need to have a certain income and that too for LTF. If you need an HDFC Credit Card, open an account with them.

One thing I have noticed is that try to maintain a huge sum in their accounts. They usually give you CCs based on your Savings/Salary Account balance if you are a customer. Same thing happened to me, I store low balance in my account, so I got less credit limit.
I had enough money that they converted my HDFC Account to Classic, but they still didn't give me a very high limit. Turns out, your expenses needs to be high as well.
As I checked, they gave me slightly less limit than my most recent highest expense.

How did you upgrade, by using form?

I also asked for update to savings max, my RM is saying can't find the form😡 will update 2moro..one week gone...
I visited my home branch and asked for upgrade. They asked for my account number and phone number.
They've given me an empty upgrade form and asked me sign on it. Later they filled remaining details.
And after 1week my account got updated.

I have one confusion. IndusInd pioneer account has zero non-maintenance fees but it requires INR 10L AQB. This means we can withdraw initial funding and just keep on depositing and withdrawing INR10L quarterly?

Back