• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Premium Savings Account

joshmas

TF Buzz
I had a Savings account with IDFC. I also had the First Select card with them. After one year of usage without default, I asked for an upgrade to Wealth, and surprisingly they refused. Since I did not have an HDFC Credit card, I wanted to get one and hence opened a Max Savings account. I applied for a Regalia credit card which was processed. Unfortunately, the bank guy went to a wrong house, and updated that I am not in that address. Hence the application was rejected. I tried to apply again, but bank is rejecting again. It looks like having a savings account is in no way helping to get a credit card.

Is it better to close the savings account and go to some other bank which offers a premium savings account and better benefits? If so, which banks are good. My salary account is with ICICI

If your Primary concern is getting a Credit Card then sure, HDFC seems like a good choice for you. A close second would be Axis and then the only other Bank other then these whose credit cards are worthwhile is IndusInd so that could also be an option. But overall I don't think you could beat HDFC.

You can go for HDFC Speciale Paltinum account which has AMB of 3 lacs. It gives amazing benefits including Taj Epicure preferred membership which include one night free stay at Taj properties. Also you can get Amazon and Myntra vouchers. All these are available on spending certain amount on your debit card. Do check it out. Moreover, since it’s a premium account, bank might end up offering you there premium credit card pre-approved after some time.

Maintaining Savings account with AU Bank for sometime, will also get your their pre-approved CC
And some variants of Axis Bank also makes you eligible for their CC (FYF/LTF)
HDFC also gives pre-approved offers thru their Netbanking / App, but YMMV

I had a Savings account with IDFC. I also had the First Select card with them. After one year of usage without default, I asked for an upgrade to Wealth, and surprisingly they refused. Since I did not have an HDFC Credit card, I wanted to get one and hence opened a Max Savings account. I applied for a Regalia credit card which was processed. Unfortunately, the bank guy went to a wrong house, and updated that I am not in that address. Hence the application was rejected. I tried to apply again, but bank is rejecting again. It looks like having a savings account is in no way helping to get a credit card.

Is it better to close the savings account and go to some other bank which offers a premium savings account and better benefits? If so, which banks are good. My salary account is with ICICI
If your salary account is in ICICI, you can easily get an Credit Card, it's based on your income. APay card you can get if you have any income, but for Coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro, you need to have a certain income and that too for LTF. If you need an HDFC Credit Card, open an account with them.

One thing I have noticed is that try to maintain a huge sum in their accounts. They usually give you CCs based on your Savings/Salary Account balance if you are a customer. Same thing happened to me, I store low balance in my account, so I got less credit limit.

How this is different from Preferred account?
You can go for HDFC Speciale Paltinum account which has AMB of 3 lacs. It gives amazing benefits including Taj Epicure preferred membership which include one night free stay at Taj properties. Also you can get Amazon and Myntra vouchers. All these are available on spending certain amount on your debit card. Do check it out. Moreover, since it’s a premium account, bank might end up offering you there premium credit card pre-approved after some time.

I have ICICI wealth, HDFC classic, Axis Burgandy, Citi Suvidha.
I vote for Axis for their deals and offers. Already had DCB before opening HDFC account, otherwise if you can get DCB or Infinia by opening an account, definitely go for it. Customer service is best with Citi.

I have ICICI wealth, HDFC classic, Axis Burgandy, Citi Suvidha.
I vote for Axis for their deals and offers. Already had DCB before opening HDFC account, otherwise if you can get DCB or Infinia by opening an account, definitely go for it. Customer service is best with Citi.
But Citi is gone... Which is the next best?

Also which would you rate best with app and server uptime?

BOGO offer on BMS, LTF select credit card, Golf games, lounge access along with usual premium account benefits like other banks. I have a salary account with them so didn't know about NRV. I heard people got burgandy by paying 5Lac only.
Do they offer anything exciting? I see only BMK related offer only and TRV 30 is the big number.

BOGO offer on BMS, LTF select credit card, Golf games, lounge access along with usual premium account benefits like other banks. I have a salary account with them so didn't know about NRV. I heard people got burgandy by paying 5Lac only.
I should not expect precise answer from your side but burgundy salary account require 3 L salary, Is it the case?

Back