• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

best way to buy amazon pay /amazon shopping voucher

amazon pay / amazon shopping voucher
best way to get maximum rewards/cashback with monthly limit for all types of cards
like hdfc, axis, sbi, amex etc.

If you’re using points for something that values 35 paisa then you’re not utilising the card to it’s fullest. This card is for travellers as the name says and gives much better value if you use for Hotels like Marriott or Taj. I use for Marriott and easily get value more way than 1Re. I only redeem when Marriott runs 30% bonus points offer so that brings value to even more. Also, when booking through points, Marriott almost always upgrades your room.
For non travellers, 6% return isn’t bad either.
But you haven't considered that Marriott hotels are overpriced compared to the same standard hotel in the same location.

You need 25000 to 100000 points per room night

Even if you value the point at 35 paisa and the Taj 10000 at 6000, return is only 6%
Rewards are 2% points on regular and 6% on multiplier spends. Let us be conservative and assume your reward rate for 4L spends was only 3%. That is 12,000 points. Then the 40,000 milestone points. Total 52,000 points. Do not transfer them to Bonvoy until you get the 1.3x offer. That becomes 67,600 points inside Bonvoy. If you book a property valued at ₹0.5 a point, that is a return of ₹33,800 on 4L spends = 8.45% returns in Rupee terms. If you book a property valued at ₹0.3 a point, return becomes 5.6%. If you spend more on reward multiplier, the returns will be higher than these numbers.

I am not counting the ₹10,000 Taj voucher because Taj is extremely overpriced for what it offers. You will end up spending a huge amount of your own money in addition to the voucher if you book rooms at Taj. And not to mention that Taj staff tend to look down upon people walking to their front desk to use vouchers. My suggestion is just use the voucher towards high tea for a couple once a year (you will need to add some extra amount) and consider that experience as compensation for the annual fee.

I have seen videos of financial influencers saying they spent 100000 points per night in a Marriott hotel in Abu Dhabi or Dubai and they found the value of the point to be more than one rupee.

I would not want to spend more than 30000 rupees per night for any hotel no matter how luxurious

I am not even counting the ₹10,000 Taj voucher because Taj is overpriced for what it offers..My suggestion is just use the voucher towards high tea for a couple once a year (you will need to add some extra amount) and consider that as compensation for the annual fee..
So the 10000 Taj voucher is not even enough for a high tea for 2?

So the 10000 Taj voucher is not even enough for a high tea for 2?
I had the High Tea at the gateway of India wala Taj in mind. It is 4500 plus taxes per person. I think high tea at other Taj properties might be cheaper, but I personally am not interested in those. High Tea at the Taj is iconic for it's location and the view you get. I don't see the appeal of overpriced chai at other Taj locations.

I have seen videos of financial influencers saying they spent 100000 points per night in a Marriott hotel in Abu Dhabi or Dubai and they found the value of the point to be more than one rupee.

I would not want to spend more than 30000 rupees per night for any hotel no matter how luxurious
Same here. A return flight to the UAE could be had for 30,000, and these people want to charge that amount for one day's stay! India does have plenty of richie rich people who will pay that for a night's stay, but I don't think those tier of people use the Platinum Travel card. Their level is much higher.

But you haven't considered that Marriott hotels are overpriced compared to the same standard hotel in the same location.
Yes that’s why I redeem when they offer 30% bonus points. That’s kind of compensates (up to some extent).

You need 25000 to 100000 points per room night
For JW Marriott/ITC/St Regis etc - Yes.
For budget Marriott properties - You easily get rooms starting 6-8k. Lowest I have paid is 5.5k in Pune, 6k in Belgavi (Karnataka) while on the way from Pune to Kerala

Yes that’s why I redeem when they offer 30% bonus points. That’s kind of compensates (up to some extent).

For JW Marriott/ITC/St Regis etc - Yes.
For budget Marriott properties - You easily get rooms starting 6-8k. Lowest I have paid is 5.5k in Pune, 6k in Belgavi (Karnataka) while on the way from Pune to Kerala
What about Marriott hotels in USA and Europe

What about Marriott hotels in USA and Europe
Attaching the cheapest options at costliest cities on a weekend. Note that touristy cities have a bad redemption value (example Goa in India). You can search on the bonvoy website/app yourself too for different cities.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.png
    IMG_0845.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0844.png
    IMG_0844.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 17
Even if you value the point at 35 paisa and the Taj 10000 at 6000, return is only 6%
why not, when you calculate the return of Atlas or m4b, you take the value of their edge point i.e 0.25 per point...
Do it and see the return of your favorite altas and M4B cards...
Donot be double standard in calculation...
If you are calculating in terms of cash or quasi- cash, convert all card into cash instead of selective calculations...some card 2 point for 100 rs...1 point = 2 accor point...that means 4% cool return...other card 18000 point is equivalent to 6000 cash...return is negative after annual fee
This is wrong...

why not, when you calculate the return of Atlas or m4b, you take the value of their edge point i.e 0.25 per point...
Do it and see the return of your favorite altas and M4B cards...
Donot be double standard in calculation...
If you are calculating in terms of cash or quasi- cash, convert all card into cash instead of selective calculations...some card 2 point for 100 rs...1 point = 2 accor point...that means 4% cool return...other card 18000 point is equivalent to 6000 cash...return is negative after annual fee
This is wrong...
Compare the value of Accor points with that of Mariott points, huge difference!

Also with Marriott you have to waste your time hunting for bargains, which may exist; but not for city centre hotels in your specific (popular, in demand) tourist destination AND on your specific dates

Last edited:
Back