• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to buy any 2nd Hand Macbook Pro (2018-2021 model) under 70K?

vine

TF Premier
So, to buy a refurbished used MacBook, the best bet is to visit the local Apple reseller stores.
Any one still re-selling M1 MacBook?

shadow

TF Premier
So, to buy a refurbished used MacBook, the best bet is to visit the local Apple reseller stores.
Any one still re-selling M1 MacBook?
A friend got M2 Macbook air (8/256) 10-15 days back but after buying found out the software he wanted to use wasn't available on MacOS. Now he is looking to sell that macbook. He's asking for 75k.
I would've gotten it from him but my Air 2020 is still working fine so there's no incentive for me.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A friend got M2 Macbook air (8/256) 10-15 days back but after buying found out the software he wanted to use wasn't available on MacOS. Now he is looking to sell that macbook. He's asking for 75k.
I would've gotten it from him but my Air 2020 is still working fine so there's no incentive for me.
Share more details. I'd be willing to buy if genuine case.

Edit: Or, please DM me with some details. I can continue with the friend on phone.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Kindly suggest me best place to sell my MacBook Air M2.

Bought for my younger sister but she's not comfortable with MacOs. I already have Macbook pro.

Attaching bill for details.

@4uziaul @TechnoFino

Attachments

• IMG-20240218-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20240218-WA0018.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 19

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Bought for my younger sister but she's not comfortable with MacOs. I already have Macbook pro.

@4uziaul @TechnoFino
Depending on your city, you could have great luck with OLX India. Just make sure you don't get scammed (do deals in person only, no cash transfer before hand).

I found a few good sellers on OLX.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Depending on your city, you could have great luck with OLX India. Just make sure you don't get scammed (do deals in person only, no cash transfer before hand).

I found a few good sellers on OLX.
Not good experience with olx in my city. That's why finding alternative place.

Tejo

TF Legend

@4uziaul]
Unfortunately you have tagged the seller. You should tag buyer.

Just ask your sis to utilise what she has....

Else run windows via parallel virtualisation .... 😅 then she will surely will prefer mac os.

KingAAR

TF Ace
tbh you get used to Mac after some time it is better than windows ...
For me cuz of battery and long os life(lag free even after 2-3 years)
if she is not too young , then try asking her about this itself >>>>

@4uziaul @TechnoFino

Tejo

TF Legend

@4uziaul @TechnoFino
by the way, why she hates mac os ?

mac gui much better than debian

top apps support directly available for mac.

does she wants to play games?

for small videos editing, its enough.

tech_ashes

TF Buzz
You can install windows via bootcamp and honestly it runs better than on a windows laptop. Now I dontknow if M2 supports bootcamp or not,but it is absolutely worth checking out.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can install windows via bootcamp and honestly it runs better than on a windows laptop. Now I dontknow if M2 supports bootcamp or not,but it is absolutely worth checking out.
It doesn't, unfortunately.

Running a Virtual Machine (Parallel Windows) with a Mac with 8GB RAM is torture. It's a lose lose either way we look at this situation.

Either they use MacOS, or sell the laptop.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To those who are new to this GST claims, please consult a CA on how this works. It is not straight forward.

1. You put your GST number + the company name on invoice. Bill cannot be in tour personal name, it has ti be company name.
2. You pay full amount right now. No GST saved at this point in time.
3. If you have a business that sells in "white" with GST bills, you will have a GST "credit" in your GST account. There, you can "claim" GST refund.

In a very simple analogy, it is like Tax rebate. You pay full amount first, then you can claim tax refund based on your sellings.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
To those who are new to this GST claims, please consult a CA on how this works. It is not straight forward.

1. You put your GST number + the company name on invoice. Bill cannot be in tour personal name, it has ti be company name.
2. You pay full amount right now. No GST saved at this point in time.
3. If you have a business that sells in "white" with GST bills, you will have a GST "credit" in your GST account. There, you can "claim" GST refund.

In a very simple analogy, it is like Tax rebate. You pay full amount first, then you can claim tax refund based on your sellings.
Watchful protector indeed :)