• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB card application on address with card default

Hello friends. My cousin, who used to live with us, defaulted on his BOB credit card about 3 years ago. The amount was 6 Lacs. Later on he moved back to his parents house and I don't think that he has paid back his debt till today. His BOB credit card had our address and we still receive demand notices from bank and debt collection agencies etc. We replied to them that he doesn't live with us anymore but they still keep on sending such demand letters. Few days ago, I even received a call on my mobile from a debt collection agency asking me to contact my cousin and tell him to pay back his debt or else consequences will be bad. They kept on calling regularly and some of them used foul language also. I warned them not to call me again or else I will take a legal course of action for harassing me. And then the calls stopped. My father also received such calls. (I don't know how they got my and my father's phone numbers.)

All my family members have decades old BOB savings accounts but nobody has ever applied for any of BOB credit cards ever. I am also a BOB savings account holder for past 20+ years and recently got pre approved offer of a personal loan of 25k from BOB. Eventhough I didn't need it I took the loan, just to improve my relationship with BOB. I paid all the EMIs on time and the loan was closed. Later on I again got offer of pre approved loan of 50k. Which again I took without any need, for the same reason to maintain and improve relationship with BOB. This second loan is also fully paid without any delay or missed payments. Now, I am interested in BOB credit card and want to apply for it but I am worried about possible negative outcome because of my cousin's default which was done with a card registered at my address. Do you guys think that my address might be blacklisted in BOB database? Can this default jeopardize my BOB card application? My CIBIL is 765 and I hold 4 credit cards (3 of them with 1 Lac+ limits). Please share your opinions.

Hello friends. My cousin, who used to live with us, defaulted on his BOB credit card about 3 years ago. The amount was 6 Lacs. Later on he moved back to his parents house and I don't think that he has paid back his debt till today. His BOB credit card had our address and we still receive demand notices from bank and debt collection agencies etc. We replied to them that he doesn't live with us anymore but they still keep on sending such demand letters. Few days ago, I even received a call on my mobile from a debt collection agency asking me to contact my cousin and tell him to pay back his debt or else consequences will be bad. They kept on calling regularly and some of them used foul language also. I warned them not to call me again or else I will take a legal course of action for harassing me. And then the calls stopped. My father also received such calls. (I don't know how they got my and my father's phone numbers.)

All my family members have decades old BOB savings accounts but nobody has ever applied for any of BOB credit cards ever. I am also a BOB savings account holder for past 20+ years and recently got pre approved offer of a personal loan of 25k from BOB. Eventhough I didn't need it I took the loan, just to improve my relationship with BOB. I paid all the EMIs on time and the loan was closed. Later on I again got offer of pre approved loan of 50k. Which again I took without any need, for the same reason to maintain and improve relationship with BOB. This second loan is also fully paid without any delay or missed payments. Now, I am interested in BOB credit card and want to apply for it but I am worried about possible negative outcome because of my cousin's default which was done with a card registered at my address. Do you guys think that my address might be blacklisted in BOB database? Can this default jeopardize my BOB card application? My CIBIL is 765 and I hold 4 credit cards (3 of them with 1 Lac+ limits). Please share your opinions.
Not an expert but would say you can approach the bank employees as you have a good relationship with them and ask them to provide the card. That'll be their job to provide you the card and regarding the blacklisting ask them once before applying just to be sure

Back