• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB CC - Flat ₹300 on Rent - Paytm App

Did not work for me :(
Yeah, it wasn't working till mid August but in last week or so it worked. Keep trying!
Even if that's the case, we have a total loss of ₹112(discount: ₹300, service charge: ₹412). Am I missing something here?
If paid via BOB Select, it gives 1.25% cb (upto 20K spends per month) you get ₹250 back. And then if you pay this BOB CC bill using HDFC bill pay you get 1% cb (₹250) on 25K via Platinum DC. This doesn't work anymore (after July) as HDFC removed BOB CC bill payment option. Now, calculate! 👀

Last edited:
Yeah, it wasn't working till mid August but in last or so it worked. Keep trying!

If paid via BOB Select, it gives 1.25% cb (upto 20K spends per month) you get ₹250 back.
And then if you pay this BOB CC bill using HDFC bill pay you get 1% cb (₹250) on 25K via Platinum DC. This doesn't work anymore (after July) as HDFC removed BOB CC bill payment option.
Now, calculate! 👀
Forgot 45 days intrest bro 🙂

Yeah, it wasn't working till mid August but in last week or so it worked. Keep trying!

If paid via BOB Select, it gives 1.25% cb (upto 20K spends per month) you get ₹250 back. And then if you pay this BOB CC bill using HDFC bill pay you get 1% cb (₹250) on 25K via Platinum DC. This doesn't work anymore (after July) as HDFC removed BOB CC bill payment option. Now, calculate! 👀
If the rent is ₹25k per month, and BOB offers a discount of ₹300, you're paying a net rent of ₹24,700. If CB is 1.25%, you're getting a cashback of ₹308.75. Now, if the service charge is ₹412, you're at a loss of ₹103.25 [I'm not counting the 1% HDFC cashback here since it has been discontinued].

Sorry, I mean no offense if this post is getting long. Just genuinely trying to learn why credit card will be preferred. If it was Infinia, I can understand, since it gives 3.3% cashback, so a net ₹825 cashback on ₹25k. But, so far I'm failing to see the advantage you're getting from BOB credit card(apart from the 45 day interest).

Haan, mai bohot jyada naya hun.

But I am not the topic of conversation here. Just genuinely trying to learn the logic, that's all.
Usually ppl do these type of things in order to complete spend based offers or to complete quarterly/yearly milestone.
Now considering the returns earned through spend based offers/milestones, one can easily compensates with the service charge.

When you pay rent to someone who is not really your landlord (your relative etc) to complete your spend milestone , what are the tax implications for the recipients ? Does the payment gateway deduct the tds from the rent paid , or do they report it to the tax authorities ?

When you pay rent to someone who is not really your landlord (your relative etc) to complete your spend milestone , what are the tax implications for the recipients ? Does the payment gateway deduct the tds from the rent paid , or do they report it to the tax authorities ?
It is to be reported by the individual.

Swiggy offer BOB125 not working on my card . Infact swiggy doesn't recognise my card as BOB card. I have BOB Easy JCB rupay variant. Offers for Rupay are working on Amazon (checked and bought stuff) also BOB offers are working (checked and bought on Bigbasket) but not on swiggy.

Swiggy offer BOB125 not working on my card . Infact swiggy doesn't recognise my card as BOB card. I have BOB Easy JCB rupay variant. Offers for Rupay are working on Amazon (checked and bought stuff) also BOB offers are working (checked and bought on Bigbasket) but not on swiggy.
Something with Rupay JCB bin mapping in Swiggy backend probably

I used BOB Easy RuPay JCB card on swiggy website. working with BOB125 code.

Manually enter the card and try.

Not only Easy JCB, Rupay Platinum Debit card also not worked for me. I think some issue with Swiggy side

Are you try on Swiggy website ?

356132 BIN is not working 356133 is working.

Few days ago, one person complaint on BOB about RuPay premier is not working then RuPay Premier was start working.
I can't believe I am saying this but I wish I had got Visa variant. Would have applied rupay credit card like rupay snapdeal or from some other bank . Now I can't use full range of BOB offers.

I can't believe I am saying this but I wish I had got Visa variant. Would have applied rupay credit card like rupay snapdeal or from some other bank . Now I can't use full range of BOB offers.
Few days back i checked 356132 BIN was also working and today not working, dnt know they are intentionally blocking or anything else.

Back