• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB LITE Account for existing BOB SB Customers

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi,

Has anyone here who is having one BOB SBGEN Account still opened a BOB LITE account? I know this process will be offline. Only a branch can do it.

Please share your experience, how did you open? How much was your initial deposit? Did you face any obstacles?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Hi,

Has anyone here who is having one BOB SBGEN Account still opened a BOB LITE account? I know this process will be offline. Only a branch can do it.

Please share your experience, how did you open? How much was your initial deposit? Did you face any obstacles?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
Instead of opening a new you can convert your account variant from branch.

tuhin

TF Premier
I asked them to convert my existing one to BOB LITE one. They have various excuses to deny such product category changes. Moreover, the BOB Grievance Redressal Mechanism is as week as SBI. They mostly don't reply or are unresponsive.

Strange

TF Legend
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
Did they open your BOB Lite account even though you're already a BOB customer?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
U cant do it
bob LITE to other scheme is allowed, however other scheme to bob LITE is not allowed
Clearly written in mitc.... Close the account and get a new account opened from branch.... I did the same....
Although bob is not very cordial in account opening so have some patience

Strange

TF Legend
U cant do it
bob LITE to other scheme is allowed, however other scheme to bob LITE is not allowed
Clearly written in mitc.... Close the account and get a new account opened from branch.... I did the same....
Although bob is not very cordial in account opening so have some patience
Did you open bob lite on the same customer id?

Strange

TF Legend
Customer id will be same for every product u take from a bank... Once u are into the system... Same custom id remains.. So yes... With same. Customer id
They are not allowing to open bob lite as old OTP based account was closed years ago. They are asking to open bob advantage account.

Last edited:

SANTOSHJ1983

TF Buzz
Hi,
Tried to get Rupay Platinum debit card with BOB B3 Plus Silver Account(zero balance) but no option to apply in bobworld app. Also Bank personnel could not provide and asked me to block existing VISA Classic card and apply for Rupay Platinum debit from the app later. Anybody got this card with this digital B3 Plus savings account ?

Also tried converting BOB B3 Plus Silver Account to BOB Super savings account. But bank personnel are telling cannot covert BOB B3Plus Silver Account to any other account since it was created online (VKYC).
Any idea how to migrate to BOB Super Savings account ?

mail2jampa

TF Buzz
I have some doubt regarding BOB LITE SAVINGS ACCOUNT VAS SMS ALERT CHARGES

Those who are using BOB LITE SAVINGS Account can you please check your account statement and confirm whether any SMS ALERT CHARGES were debited from your account . if so what is the FREQUENCY Monthly or Quarterly

Strange

TF Legend
I have some doubt regarding BOB LITE SAVINGS ACCOUNT VAS SMS ALERT CHARGES

Those who are using BOB LITE SAVINGS Account can you please check your account statement and confirm whether any SMS ALERT CHARGES were debited from your account . if so what is the FREQUENCY Monthly or Quarterly
Just disable it in BOB World app.