• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bob OneCard metal card pre-approved. Worth it in 2024?

ashish216

TF Buzz
I recently recieved message for VKyc for issuance of Onecard LTF Metal card which I applied for in a pre-approval offer from onescore where I received limit of 80k 2 months back.
It is being issued by BOB. Should I proceed to issue this card? Also, apparently I recently got Icici Sapphiro dual card with limit of 2L. Will Onecard revise my limit to increase it if I reach out to customer care?
Is it worth having BoB Onecard?

Reactions: SSV
Since OneCard is LTF, no harm in keeping it. But keep in mind, once you have a BoB One Card, it is a bit difficult to get core BoB cards (Easy/Select/Premier etc). Many banks don't offer their core cards to people who have any of their co-branded cards. Other experts may throw some light. @SSV @Vasuki
Thank you for your advise...I was thinking of excat same case... Ultimately, I am targeting for core premium cards...
And, do you have any comments on limit increase?

Reactions: SSV
I recently recieved message for VKyc for issuance of Onecard LTF Metal card which I applied for in a pre-approval offer from onescore where I received limit of 80k 2 months back.
It is being issued by BOB. Should I proceed to issue this card? Also, apparently I recently got Icici Sapphiro dual card with limit of 2L. Will Onecard revise my limit to increase it if I reach out to customer care?
Is it worth having BoB Onecard?
No . .

Thank you for your advise...I was thinking of excat same case... Ultimately, I am targeting for core premium cards...
And, do you have any comments on limit increase?
One Card, if approved with a certain limit, they won't agree to revise your limit before issuance of the card. If you want higher limit on One Card, you must wait. Let ICICI report your new card and its limit to CIBIL/Experian. After a few months, One Card may change your banking partner and/or give higher limit based on your reported limit in CIBIL. But there is no guarantee. In any case, you should wait.

As someone holding BOB Onecard for over 3 Yrs, let me clear somethings for you,

1. I think you should take it, it's LTF, gives good limit, and has decent offers time to time

2. With all Onecard the initial limit is usually low but they'll keep on increasing your limit every year, my 1st limit was 80k, then it became 1.6L, then early last year it became 5.5L, which is close to my highest card limit of 6L

3. I don't think you should have any issue with getting other BOB Cards, i have tried applying for BOB Cards online, even got Prime, Select and Premier LTF once, but didn't bother as the only card worth taking from them is Eterna and that's more difficult to get LTF then even Infinia

* i rarely use my onecard anymore, but i don't plan to cancel it anytime soon because of LTF card with 5.5L limit, so keeps my spend utilization down, and could be handy someday

Last edited:
i have one card approved, yet to chose bank. Both indian and bob are showing. Any differences in selecting bank?

i have one card approved, yet to chose bank. Both indian and bob are showing. Any differences in selecting bank?
My experience with BOB has been very good, they'll match your highest limit card and increase your limit every 1 to 1.5 yrs,

Back