• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

bob premier cc - query regarding rupay benefits

ltf4ever

TF Legend
hi all,

i just received my bob premier. they gave me a rupay jcb card by default. i have a few questions:

1) i read in another post that hdfc rupay regalia was denied lounge access and confirmed as such by hdfc. are there any such benefits mentioned on the website that won't be available because the card is not visa/mc?

2) if i want to upgrade to eterna in future, will it get upgraded to rupay only? should i ask specifically for eterna visa?

3) what is jcb?

i don't care if the card is rupay/visa/mc as long as the benefits mentioned on the website are given to me.

@Bigde since you have recently gone through the upgrade process successfully.

Last edited:
hi all,

i just received my bob premier. they gave me a rupay jcb card by default. i have a few questions:

1) i read in another post that hdfc rupay regalia was denied lounge access and confirmed as such by hdfc. are there any such benefits mentioned on the website that won't be available because the card is not visa/mc?

2) if i want to upgrade to eterna in future, will it get upgraded to rupay only? should i ask specifically for eterna visa?

3) what is jcb?

i don't care if the card is rupay/visa/mc as long as the benefits mentioned on the website are given to me.

1) you will get lounge access
2) if u want to upgrade then u can upgrade now but you need to have 12L income for paid or 30L for ltf. For upgrade mail them at conversions@bobfinancial.com
3)don't know
I myself have bob premier rupay LTF

hi all,

3) what is jcb?

2)
Eterna is only issued in visa as of now previously was mastercard.
3)
JCB is a japnese card network
Just like rupay is Indian card network.

As rupay isn't yet directly accepted in all countries, rupay have made tie-ups with card networks that are accepted globally.
Eg. Discover, JCB

Thus if someone wants to use rupay card outside of india then the transaction is supported through the partnered network.

1) BOB RuPay JCB credit card provide Internatinal lounge access through Loungekey, register here (Activate International E-Com before register) - https://loungekey.com/en/jcb11

HDFC RuPay Regalia is totally Different card. RuPay Regalia offer International lounge access on all Diners Club international lounge access.

Every cards have some Advantage or Disadvantage.

For example -

BOB Visa Premier is not offer any international lounge access

But BOB RuPay JCB Premier offer International lounge access through loungekey.

HDFC Visa Regalia offer priority pass for Interational lounge access

But HDFC RuPay Regalia is not offer any priority pass but offer International lounge on Diners Club International lounges worldwide.

3) What is JCB ?

Answer -
JCB is Japan's credit card company, same like RuPay card in India. JCB is 40 years old credit card company.

India's RuPay and Japan's JCB International have launched RuPay JCB Global Cards, which can be used at all E-com, point of sales (POS) terminals which accept RuPay cards and E-com/POS terminals/ATMs outside India which accept JCB card.

International travel check this JCB logo and use anywhere in Europe, Asia, Middle East, South America etc. Almost all countries accept JCB card network worldwide.

Total 195+ countries accept JCB Card. 70+ countries locally issue JCB cards (Most asian countries issue JCB cards).

Just few days ago, one person told me he saw JCB Card logo on every shops in Europe from year 1999.

JCB card logo -

JCB_logo.svg.png

@Sevendar@01

But BOB RuPay JCB Premier offer International lounge access through loungekey.
What is the proof 🤔
But HDFC RuPay Regalia is not offer any priority pass but offer International lounge on Diners Club International lounges worldwide.
People are complaining that card being not able use at international lounges or they debiting fully price 🙄
Rupay has full of issues 🤦

for example just tried to use my RuPay credit card on Netflix for buying subscription openly denied 😑 (although card has been partnered with Discover and Diners Club International)
Screenshot_20220907-110022_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
What is the proof 🤔

People are complaining that card being not able use at international lounges or they debiting fully price 🙄
Rupay has full of issues 🤦

for example just tried to use my RuPay credit card on Netflix for buying subscription openly denied 😑 (although card has been partnered with Discover and Diners Club International)
View attachment 4324
Other banks RuPay Debit card charged full amount for International lounge access.

but HDFC bank RuPay International credit card charged a transaction fee of $3.25 on their Credit card towards complimentary lounge access, same shall be reversed.

See here Tata Neu Infinity Card HDFC Bank Credit Card page - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/credit-cards/tata-neu-infinity-hdfc-bank-credit-card

srewsr.jpg

I guess same t&c for HDFC bank RuPay Regalia credit card.

Netflix topic -

RuPay partner with Discover and Diners Club International for International payment or foreign currency payment.

Netflix India is Indian company and accept only INR currency.

Netflix India, Google India, Microsoft India, Youtube India etc this all are US based Indian subsidiary companies and in future this websites will accept RuPay cards (INR currency payment).

I'm also tried to buy Indian subscription plan they don't accept RuPay and whenever I tried to purchase something from international sites they simply not accept RuPay cards....
That's why I avoid RuPay Cards 😡
RuPay AutoPay currently in pilot phase. Very few merchants supported. International websites is currently not support RuPay card for Recurring payment.

Here is the circular - RuPay AutoPay was launched on Oct 2019. The functionality is now supported by major banks and is already being used by the merchants - https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/ru...oPay-AFA-Limit-enhancement-and-compliance.pdf

I used Axis and HDFC bank RuPay debit card on International websites worked perfectly. Websites like - Aliexpress, Amazon USA, Ebay, Paypal and few others.

RuPay AutoPay currently in pilot phase. Very few merchants supported. International websites is currently not support RuPay card for Recurring payment.

Here is the circular - RuPay AutoPay was launched on Oct 2019. The functionality is now supported by major banks and is already being used by the merchants - https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/ru...oPay-AFA-Limit-enhancement-and-compliance.pdf

I used Axis and HDFC bank RuPay debit card on International websites worked perfectly. Websites like - Aliexpress, Amazon USA, Ebay, Paypal and few others.
It is still in pilot phase. Google and youtube still deny rupay and asks for visa or MC.

Back