• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bringing b***z* from duty free on connecting flight within India

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have Dubai - Delhi - Bangalore connection on same PNR. Wanted to get some b**z* from duty free at Delhi duty free for friends ;) . But have immediate connection in 2 hrs to Bangalore on same PNR.

I don't think we can carry sealed duty free bottles on domestic route (Delhi Bangalore) and since ticket is on same PNR, luggage will transfer directly at Delhi airport for Bangalore flight. What are the options then? Taking out check in bags and all will take lot of time as I have only 2 hrs in between.

Anyone with prior experience, please share :cool:

Aditya12

TF Premier
Not sure for duty free but the normal liquor stores do seal pack your bottles so you can carry them in hands (or in carry on bag) to your destination. I’ve done this for Delhi to Pune flights couple of times but not recently.
I’d wait for someone to respond though who has done this when they bought from duty free store.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to clear customs and immigration at the first point of entry which is Delhi, you'll have to transfer your bags, clear customs and immigration. You can put your duty free purchases in your checked bags then.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ohh Ok. Looks difficult then for me as I won't have so much time. Will have to skip buying this time

techt

TF Legend
Ohh Ok. Looks difficult then for me as I won't have so much time. Will have to skip buying this time
Great sourpai won't have suraapaan
R And R Vacation GIF

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So just to update, you can carry the liquor bought from duty free within India on domestic connections. It can be carried as part of cabin luggage. Limit is upto 5L

You need to mention this to the person at the billing counter so that he can do special packaging with seal. Something like this.

IMG_4671.JPG

techt

TF Legend
So just to update, you can carry the liquor bought from duty free within India on domestic connections. It can be carried as part of cabin luggage. Limit is upto 5L

You need to mention this to the person at the billing counter so that he can do special packaging with seal. Something like this.

IMG_4671.JPG
Yay.. Suraapaan for soupai
drunk the simpsons GIF

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I have Dubai - Delhi - Bangalore connection on same PNR. Wanted to get some b**z* from duty free at Delhi duty free for friends ;) . But have immediate connection in 2 hrs to Bangalore on same PNR.

I don't think we can carry sealed duty free bottles on domestic route (Delhi Bangalore) and since ticket is on same PNR, luggage will transfer directly at Delhi airport for Bangalore flight. What are the options then? Taking out check in bags and all will take lot of time as I have only 2 hrs in between.

Anyone with prior experience, please share :cool:
I’ve had to deal with this only once(when my inbound international flight had a domestic transit and I happened to purchase liquor outside India) and I was able to carry the liquor with my carry on. As long as you have the receipts and the liquor is kept inside the bag sealed by the duty free store, you should be good to go. For India, the duty free limit is 2L/person if I’m not wrong so make sure you carry within that limit. If you’re caught, you will need to pay duty for carrying above the duty free limit.

Last edited: