• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BSBD Account

I currently hold HDFC, ICICI, BOI, KOTAK and UBI accounts mapped to single phone number. Was planning to open a BSBD account mapped to 2nd phone which will be for emergency usage in case primary is down. Max holdings in this account will be 20k and usage of 1-2 transactions quarterly to keep it active.
So want zero balance zero charges account which only BSBD account will provide.

Banks near to my location
SBI, IDBI and IDFC.
SBI and IDFC BSBD account only gives rupay debit card. IDBI website shows debit card along with cheque book facility.

Not check with SBI or IDBI branch whether they will open BSBD variant without any issues. IDFC Branch officer has no issues opening the pratham savings account variant.

Need members suggestion.

I currently hold HDFC, ICICI, BOI, KOTAK and UBI accounts mapped to single phone number. Was planning to open a BSBD account mapped to 2nd phone which will be for emergency usage in case primary is down. Max holdings in this account will be 20k and usage of 1-2 transactions quarterly to keep it active.
So want zero balance zero charges account which only BSBD account will provide.

Banks near to my location
SBI, IDBI and IDFC.
SBI and IDFC BSBD account only gives rupay debit card. IDBI website shows debit card along with cheque book facility.

Not check with SBI or IDBI branch whether they will open BSBD variant without any issues. IDFC Branch officer has no issues opening the pratham savings account variant.

Need members suggestion.
SBI does not deduct charges for not maintaining MAB anymore. You can open a regular savings account with them.

Even for Digital savings account, SBI deducts charges for DC.
These account have zero charges. only limit is no of transactions. excess transactions are not permitted or charged.

These account have zero charges. only limit is no of transactions. excess transactions are not permitted or charged.

Oh my bad. Even I had a DSA with SBI but had to pay charges for DC. So, I thought.

Back