• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Just Closed an Axis Bank BSBDA account from Axis Mobile app.

I had a Basic Savings Account ( BSBDA ), a zero balance account with debit card and many restrictions.

I opened the account 2 years ago, and it has no use for me. When I was opening the account they were denying at first and then after Twitter complaint they completed the process. But also warned me that if I want to close the account it will be hectic.

But today I found an option on the Axis Mobile app " Account Closure" and I tried to close the account, and the account successfully closed.

On Bank account is showing on the app, even if I want to add Axis Bank account on upi it's showing that the account is inactive.
So I guess the account is closed.

Also before doing this, I talked with customer support, they still have no idea, they are saying me to visit the branch as online account closure is not available.

One agent told me the online account closure project is not released yet, it's on testing mode.

So I guess the option is live now.
This is great! If the account is really closed...Only Citi Bank had the convenience of calling the Customer Support and closing the account over the phone...There are a few bank accounts that I want close but the though of visiting the PNB branch terrorises me🤪

if you don't want to visit branch leave it as it is otherwise branch is the only option to close

The account and the debit card is not showing on mobile app as well as on internet banking.

But the debit is active as tried to load amazon pay balance with the Card, the OTP came.

Credit card for these accounts are not applicable.

Transaction limits are there, I'm not sure about the number but I think it was only 4 transactions in a month.

Total credits in such accounts should not exceed one lakh rupees in a year.

Maximum balance in the account should not exceed fifty thousand rupees at any time

The total of debits by way of cash withdrawals and transfers will not exceed ten thousand rupees in a month.

No debit card offers will applicable on this Rupay Debit card.

If any of these violated, the account will be freezed. And I have to visit branch and I have to give them a proper reason for the violation, then it depends on them if they will unblock or not.

Also my RM told me that I will not able to upgrade this account easily , even I will not open any other regular account with this. Also if I hold this account I will never be able to get any credit cards.
If I want to open any ragular savings account, I have to close this account first. Now I'm not sure how much true is this. But yes there are some restrictions but not sure about this regular savings account restriction.
No such restrictions as you mentioned.

But yes few restrictions are there

Charges on more than 4 cash deposit & withdraw at branch and deposit/withdraw limit also low.

Debit card limit for Pos/Ecom transaction are low.

Will face difficulties transaction above 10 lakhs.

And the main disadvantage is you wouldn't get any offer from bank through this account. So if you already have a credit card then no issues.

Otherwise it's a good option if you consider this as an secondary account.

Last edited:
if you don't want to visit branch leave it as it is otherwise branch is the only option to close

Got this reply from live agent
Also I called them and the phone banking officer confirmed me that the account is permanently closed and they deactivated the debit card also by asking the last 4 digits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-30-10-24-47-61.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-30-10-24-47-61.webp
    292.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
This is great! If the account is really closed...Only Citi Bank had the convenience of calling the Customer Support and closing the account over the phone...There are a few bank accounts that I want close but the though of visiting the PNB branch terrorises me🤪

Yes they confirmed me that the account is permanently closed, aslo the account is not showing on mobile banking app as well as on internet banking. But my customer is still active, they also deactivated the debit card over call by asking the last 4 digits and verbal confirmation from me

I checked the option for Liberty account, they are saying to check with RM 😂 and only OKAY button taking back to homepage....

Credit card for these accounts are not applicable.

Transaction limits are there, I'm not sure about the number but I think it was only 4 transactions in a month.

Total credits in such accounts should not exceed one lakh rupees in a year.

Maximum balance in the account should not exceed fifty thousand rupees at any time

The total of debits by way of cash withdrawals and transfers will not exceed ten thousand rupees in a month.

No debit card offers will applicable on this Rupay Debit card.

If any of these violated, the account will be freezed. And I have to visit branch and I have to give them a proper reason for the violation, then it depends on them if they will unblock or not.

Also my RM told me that I will not able to upgrade this account easily , even I will not open any other regular account with this. Also if I hold this account I will never be able to get any credit cards.
If I want to open any ragular savings account, I have to close this account first. Now I'm not sure how much true is this. But yes there are some restrictions but not sure about this regular savings account restriction.
Why the hell to open with these many restrictions??

Why the hell to open with these many restrictions??

This is a basic account for poor people.

I was not planning to open this account, when I went to the branch they lied to me when I asked about the BSBDA account, they denied that Axis has no such account.
I was just want to know the restrictions for the account, but the directly denied.

And that's why I was desperate to open the account, and there is long story behind this.

I was not planning to open this account, when I went to the branch they lied to me when I asked about the BSBDA account, they denied that Axis has no such account.
I was just want to know the restrictions for the account, but the directly denied.

And that's why I was desperate to open the account, and there is long story behind this.
If someone wants a zero balance account for upi transactions its a great choice.
cash deposit - no charges
cash withdrawl - 4

Oh ok so it's similar to the gas cylinder subsist account which was opened few years back right

Back