• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Burgandy Account for Salary of 2.7 lakhs

My questions are in similar lines,
Specifically are getting Emeralde PVC LTF just by your salary or you have some corporate tieup as well ?
What is your relationship with ICICI other than salary account?

Also do let us know if you score Emeralde Private Metal LTF, I've heard it's quite rare

Great! May I know what type of account you hold in ICICI Bank? If it's a Wealth account, what benefits do they offer you?

I am also aiming for the Sapphiro or Emerald LFT card, do we need to request it specifically to get the card?

Additionally, could you let me know which city/branch you're from so I can consider going to the same bank?
Im working in Bengaluru but my salary account is in my hometown which is Tier 2 city I would say. I was surprised to know they have dedicated RM for Tier 2 cities. Also I don’t had any demands since beginning. I had Amazon Pay CC with decent 3.4CL. Sapphiro started showing as paid after 6 months in iMobile so I casually called her to ask if I can get it LTF. She checked in her system and processed as it was showing LTF.

I’m having ICICI WM salary account with 0MAB. Apart from that I only have my vehicle insurance for our family vehicles. The count is more than 10 including 2W/4W. No FD/Loan/Health Insurance etc.

Yesterday she said she is taking approvals for Metal. Will update here if it happens.

My main goal in getting a Burgundy account was to obtain the Magnus Credit Card, as I've heard it has a better rewards system, a dedicated Relationship Manager, and family banking benefits.

Additionally, the Burgundy Debit Card offers BOGO movie tickets, which is appealing to me as I'm a frequent moviegoer, along with lounge access as i travel twice a year across.

Let me know if there is any other bank that offers a better option I can consider.
yeah M4B have very strict 3LPM salary criteria. Axis wont issue it below 3LPM.

Wrt other benefits you mentioned... Burgandy DC have bogo for movies up to 500 and bms events bogo up to 1k. The best alternate would be to get a indusind pioneer account(bogo upto 1k for both movies and events).. additionally, pioneer dc have lounge access with guest access.

or move to icici wealth banking, they should be able to provide you at least with sapphire ltf or emerald plastic LtF.

Hello All,

Currently, I'm receiving a net salary of around 2.7 lakhs per month, which is credited to my account after all taxes. I recently moved my salary account from SBI to Axis Bank, intending to get a Burgundy account. However, they moved my account to Priority Banking instead of Burgundy account, as the minimum criteria for a Burgundy account is a net salary of 3 lakhs per month.

Is there any way I can get a Burgundy account with my current salary? If not, what would be the best salary account option for my salary range?

Thanks in advance!!
I have a Burgundy account even though my salary is less than 3L. There is nothing special in this account. I don't even know why you are running behind it.

yeah M4B have very strict 3LPM salary criteria. Axis wont issue it below 3LPM.

Wrt other benefits you mentioned... Burgandy DC have bogo for movies up to 500 and bms events bogo up to 1k. The best alternate would be to get a indusind pioneer account(bogo upto 1k for both movies and events).. additionally, pioneer dc have lounge access with guest access.

or move to icici wealth banking, they should be able to provide you at least with sapphire ltf or emerald plastic LtF.
My main goal in getting a Burgundy account was to obtain the Magnus Credit Card, as I've heard it has a better rewards system, a dedicated Relationship Manager, and family banking benefits.

Additionally, the Burgundy Debit Card offers BOGO movie tickets, which is appealing to me as I'm a frequent moviegoer, along with lounge access as i travel twice a year across.

Let me know if there is any other bank that offers a better option I can consider.
Yes Bank Marquee is even better with 3 BMS BOGO tickets monthly and up to 800 so that's 2400 every month. 6 domestic lounge access every quarter with no spend criteria.

Im working in Bengaluru but my salary account is in my hometown which is Tier 2 city I would say. I was surprised to know they have dedicated RM for Tier 2 cities. Also I don’t had any demands since beginning. I had Amazon Pay CC with decent 3.4CL. Sapphiro started showing as paid after 6 months in iMobile so I casually called her to ask if I can get it LTF. She checked in her system and processed as it was showing LTF.

I’m having ICICI WM salary account with 0MAB. Apart from that I only have my vehicle insurance for our family vehicles. The count is more than 10 including 2W/4W. No FD/Loan/Health Insurance etc.

Yesterday she said she is taking approvals for Metal. Will update here if it happens.
How did you transition from a Citi Bank account to an ICICI WM salary account with zero MAB? Did you already have an ICICI account, or did you open a new one? How did you negotiate with the bank to get ICICI WB account, Any criteria?

In my case, I already have an ICICI savings account that I rarely use, Does our company has to have tie up with ICICI bank for salary account?

How did you transition from a Citi Bank account to an ICICI WM salary account with zero MAB? Did you already have an ICICI account, or did you open a new one? How did you negotiate with the bank to get ICICI WB account, Any criteria?

In my case, I already have an ICICI savings account that I rarely use, Does our company has to have tie up with ICICI bank for salary account?
I had opened the ICICI account during covid via online. Never visited the branch for opening. It was earlier 10k MAB account. I just updated my salary account from Citi to Icici in the employer portal. Post that I logged into ICICI netbanking and raised request to convert my savings account to salary account. It also asked me to enter the employer details. Bhoom. It was done within 48 hours. No branch visit no followup. Company tieup Im not sure.

I had opened the ICICI account during covid via online. Never visited the branch for opening. It was earlier 10k MAB account. I just updated my salary account from Citi to Icici in the employer portal. Post that I logged into ICICI netbanking and raised request to convert my savings account to salary account. It also asked me to enter the employer details. Bhoom. It was done within 48 hours. No branch visit no followup. Company tieup Im not sure.
Emerald PVC LTF is difficult as it is, even with 5L Salary people aren't getting it,
And you're on the verge of getting Emeralde Private Metal LTF, which is quite frankly unheard of

I think corporate tie up might be at play here,
Others have reported getting Emeralde PVC LTF with Corporate tie up even without a salary account

But all in all good for you,
Keep us posted

Last edited:
As soon as you converted from a savings to a salary account online, did you automatically get the WB account? Was there no need for the salary to be credited into the account for at least 2 months? I read this some where

Back