• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buy GOLD below market rate - 10% Discount on Gold Coins at AJIO on ICICI Credit Cards

Bought this for 6313 effective price
Price: 7645 + 20rs platform fee
Got discount of 300 from some coupon
Used 120 super coins
Paid 932 using 1097 IndusInd points (1 IndusInd points is worth 35p but here i got 85p value)

Current market price for 22kt gold 7020 + gst + making charges etc
How to use indusind points in myntra app?

Right now there is a flat 5% off upto 3000 discount for cards on Flipkart. If I use hdfc millenia or sbi cashback, would I get cashback on top of it ?
Bro, if you have AU LIT Card you can easily get Rs 2,654/- cashback for buying 2 gms of 22K Malabar gold coin worth Rs.15,059/- from AJIO with the following features activated.

10% Instant discount for AU card - Rs.1000/-
5% Additional CB - upto Rs.500/-
5% CB on Apparel spends - Rs.703/-
10X RP (2.5% value) - Rs 351/-
Flat CB on retail spends - Rs.100/-

Net effective price Rs.6,202/- per gram!!!

Hello everyone, so I am very new to this but want to diversify my investments a bit and planning on buying gold coin.. had a few ques if someone can answer.. I tried reading some of the pages but since this thread is almost 73 pages thought so asking directly..

Plan is to buy gold coin from ajio using the 10% cc discount on icici,au bank... Thinking of buying multiple 24kt 1gm gold since instant discount is upto 1k in multiple orders..

1. When I try to sell it later, what things needs to be kept in mind..? Like we should keep it in mint condition(not take out of sealed package),
2. do these online purchased coins provide any 24kt certificate or proof of authenticity?
3. Which one provide best resale value in your experience.. malabar(provides 96% of gold value), bangalore refinery, or any other..?
4. Do we have to resell it in specific no of days after purchase, ideally date of purchase shouldn't matter right?? For ex: malabar gold site says they will buy back within 14 days of purchase..? Even if we brought the gold coin online the local malabar shop will take it back without any fuss?
5. Anything else to keep in mind..? During buying or selling?

Again very new so please share any lessons learnt as well. Thanks 😊

Hello everyone, so I am very new to this but want to diversify my investments a bit and planning on buying gold coin.. had a few ques if someone can answer.. I tried reading some of the pages but since this thread is almost 73 pages thought so asking directly..

Plan is to buy gold coin from ajio using the 10% cc discount on icici,au bank... Thinking of buying multiple 24kt 1gm gold since instant discount is upto 1k in multiple orders..

1. When I try to sell it later, what things needs to be kept in mind..? Like we should keep it in mint condition(not take out of sealed package),
2. do these online purchased coins provide any 24kt certificate or proof of authenticity?
3. Which one provide best resale value in your experience.. malabar(provides 96% of gold value), bangalore refinery, or any other..?
4. Do we have to resell it in specific no of days after purchase, ideally date of purchase shouldn't matter right?? For ex: malabar gold site says they will buy back within 14 days of purchase..? Even if we brought the gold coin online the local malabar shop will take it back without any fuss?
5. Anything else to keep in mind..? During buying or selling?

Again very new so please share any lessons learnt as well. Thanks 😊
1. Nothing to keep in mind
2. Bangalore refinery's brand name is enough
3. Bangalore refinery and mmtc provides 999.9 purity where as others 999, so some sellers give extra with extra 0.9 coins and some don't
4. No, you can keep them for as long as you can
5. For selling, sell for cash or buy some other gold from them, in that case you will not need to show capital gains and hence no tax

3. Bangalore refinery and mmtc provides 999.9 purity where as others 999, so some sellers give extra with extra 0.9 coins and some don't
5. For selling, sell for cash or buy some other gold from them, in that case you will not need to show capital gains and hence no tax
One add-on questions -

1. Selling Bangalore refinery gold coins at Tanishq, Senco, Malabar gold or any other regional jwellery chain like PNG etc will give same price?

2. They might refuse to take those coins as they are also selling their own gold coins as well.

3. Do they check the purity before buying gold coin for cash or replacement with their own jwellery. I once visited a jweller to exchange a diamond ring and he told me that there would be 1500 additional charges to check the quality of diamond and gold.

Pls reply.
Thanks 👍 🙏

Bro, if you have AU LIT Card you can easily get Rs 2,654/- cashback for buying 2 gms of 22K Malabar gold coin worth Rs.15,059/- from AJIO with the following features activated.

AU card offer is not available on AJIO. Just checked yesterday. Only ICICI and Federal Bank is there for CC. And indus Pioneer DC for 10% instant discount.

I have ICICI cards/SBI CB/few other bank cards , but not AU LIT.
Do you think I should try to get LIT card?
I will mainly use it for this one purpose.
If such offers are few and far between, then it wont make sense to get LIT card.

Very well explained.
Thank you for clearing doubts!
1) is it ok to open the sealed packages? I thought stores may object or question the purity or authentication or whatever, if we open them.

Ya have been planning to take au lit just for this. Might actually take it , still planning. But damn that's great rewards.

Thanks for the info, cleared a couple of my doubts 😊 got 1 additional one:
1. Its best to sell gold coin at same jeweller for best value or will other jeweller provide same value mostly?

I made a mistake yesterday of buying from Tata Cliq which seemed to show the lowest price for BRPL with 2% discount using a coupon. I checked Infinia smartbuy and on cliqcash there was another 2% discount and the usual 5x RPs on those vouchers. I maxed out and got 25K only to know that TataCliq does not allow for Cliq cash to be used for gold. Now I am stuck with 25K voucher for TataCliq. I have dropped an email to support since no where in TnC they mention it cannot be used for gold but don't have high hopes.
So yeah learn from my mistake.

Back