• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara bank debit card hotlisted instead of closed

gobsy

TF Select
I recently automatically got new debit card as my previous debit card was expiring. I didn't want it so talked to canara customer care on phone to close it. They said they can only block the card and that blocking it is chargeable and recomend me to go to branch and surrender the debit card to them. I went today and wrote an application as per the executive there. When I tried to submit he started right with me that I am not doing the right thing and I am foolish to close the debit card. I asked him politely to close the card even if annual fee has been charged when it hasn't been yet. Now he reluctantly took my application and told me he will close it. Now I see my statement and see the debit card was hotlisted and I have been charged 178 rupees for hotlisting. Isn't hotlisting different than closing the card for which I submitted application. Are the charges fair?

This is news to me. I have closed 4 Bank debit cards and none of them charged me for doing so.
That's why I am fuming. They automatically opted me in for PMJJBY scheme for which they debited 436 rupees. I also gave application to close that. But I am not hopeful. All this when I have existing nrv of more than 20l. I had this account since I was in school. Going to close these. Breaking my FD after seeing their behaviour. Typical government worker attitude when he started shouting at me.

I recently automatically got new debit card as my previous debit card was expiring. I didn't want it so talked to canara customer care on phone to close it. They said they can only block the card and that blocking it is chargeable and recomend me to go to branch and surrender the debit card to them. I went today and wrote an application as per the executive there. When I tried to submit he started right with me that I am not doing the right thing and I am foolish to close the debit card. I asked him politely to close the card even if annual fee has been charged when it hasn't been yet. Now he reluctantly took my application and told me he will close it. Now I see my statement and see the debit card was hotlisted and I have been charged 178 rupees for hotlisting. Isn't hotlisting different than closing the card for which I submitted application. Are the charges fair?
Who told you this? I have recently blocked 4 debit card they didn't charged me nor charged joining fee or annual nothing...

Who told you this? I have recently blocked 4 debit card they didn't charged me nor charged joining fee or annual nothing...
You will be charged ₹177 (150+GST) for hotlisting canara bank debit cards as it's mentioned in their website.

As you have blocked 4 debit cards you will be charged ₹177x4 in upcoming months, wait for the surprise.

I have also been charged for blocking three debit cards after a year.

@gobsy as you hotlisted your card through the branch they charged you instantly.

You will be charged ₹177 (150+GST) for hotlisting canara bank debit cards as it's mentioned in their website.

As you have blocked 4 debit cards you will be charged ₹177x4 in upcoming months, wait for the surprise.

I have also been charged for blocking three debit cards after a year.

@gobsy as you hotlisted your card through the branch they charged you instantly.
I have blocked the card for permanent and it's already 2-3 month's gone in the gape nothing happened.

View attachment 31038

@equalizer check this pdf for reference.

@Abhishek012 Rupay Platinum Amazon wallet offer discontinue hone ke baad jisne bhi Canara Rupay Platinum DC block kiya hai sabke 177 kate hai ya katne wale hai. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No charges for hotlist your card.

Canara bank is PSU bank koi govt employee feed fuk k likh diya hai bas.

Log card block/hotlist card chori hone par bhi karte hai. Toh chori mera card hoga aur bank wale kya matlab maze lenge humse Rs150+GST wasool kar k.

Case kar dunga bank pe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Sahilhenzy

No charges for hotlist your card.

Canara bank is PSU bank koi govt employee feed fuk k likh diya hai bas.

Log card block/hotlist card chori hone par bhi karte hai. Toh chori mera card hoga aur bank wale kya matlab maze lenge humse Rs150+GST wasool kar k.

Case kar dunga bank pe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Sahilhenzy
aisa lag raha tumne is thread ko padha nahi thik se. 3 logo ka hotlisting charge kat chuka hai including me par tumhe believe nahi ho raha.

maine ek saal pehle jo debit card block kiya tha uska charge 2 din pehle debit hua hai and last one year me maine 2 aur debit card block kiye. so teeno debit card ka hotlisting charge ek sath debit kiya canara ne mere se.

tumhare paas wrong info hai jinke charges debit huye unse pucho.

even canara customer bhi bol raha hotlisting is chargeable.

Back