• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara bank debit card hotlisted instead of closed

gobsy

TF Select
I recently automatically got new debit card as my previous debit card was expiring. I didn't want it so talked to canara customer care on phone to close it. They said they can only block the card and that blocking it is chargeable and recomend me to go to branch and surrender the debit card to them. I went today and wrote an application as per the executive there. When I tried to submit he started right with me that I am not doing the right thing and I am foolish to close the debit card. I asked him politely to close the card even if annual fee has been charged when it hasn't been yet. Now he reluctantly took my application and told me he will close it. Now I see my statement and see the debit card was hotlisted and I have been charged 178 rupees for hotlisting. Isn't hotlisting different than closing the card for which I submitted application. Are the charges fair?

My mom too got charged hotlisting charges.

Three times - Because I switched from VISA Classic- RUPAY Platinum - MC Classic.

🤣
@Abhishek012 tum canara bank ka sirf wrong info dete ho kya?
Us din bole PMJDY card is not eligible for ecom fir baad tumhe believe hua jab dusro logo ko same problem hui abhi tumko hotlist charge pe believe nahi ho raha hai na? ye bhi jaldi hi believe kar loge. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jab mai apna card hotlist karunga tab dekhunga.
phir-hera-pheri-bhai-aapka-knowledge-toh-kamaal-ka-hai-bhai.gif

You will be charged ₹177 (150+GST) for hotlisting canara bank debit cards as it's mentioned in their website.

As you have blocked 4 debit cards you will be charged ₹177x4 in upcoming months, wait for the surprise.

I have also been charged for blocking three debit cards after a year.

@gobsy as you hotlisted your card through the branch they charged you instantly.

Yes, that surprise hit me hard. 3 cards hotlisted charges has been debited from my account I mean it kept on hold. As I deposit some money it will get debited. 1 more card hotlisted charges will get applied 😟.

Canara bank allows us to create a virtual debit card. RuPay, Visa and MasterCard variants are available.

No fees were deducted so far. They will eventually charge a fee in the future, but may be less than the physical debit card.

Virtual RuPay variant is just classic. Not platinum. 🤪

Canara bank allows us to create a virtual debit card. RuPay, Visa and MasterCard variants are available.

No fees were deducted so far. They will eventually charge a fee in the future, but may be less than the physical debit card.

Virtual RuPay variant is just classic. Not platinum. 🤪
Where is the option to apply for virtual debit card?

So I read that HOTLISTING means blocking a card if when LOST/ STOLEN to prevent risk of transactions.

How does any of the above legit closing of Cards or Accounts EQUATE to HOTLISTING?

Back