• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara bank debit card hotlisted instead of closed

gobsy

TF Select
I recently automatically got new debit card as my previous debit card was expiring. I didn't want it so talked to canara customer care on phone to close it. They said they can only block the card and that blocking it is chargeable and recomend me to go to branch and surrender the debit card to them. I went today and wrote an application as per the executive there. When I tried to submit he started right with me that I am not doing the right thing and I am foolish to close the debit card. I asked him politely to close the card even if annual fee has been charged when it hasn't been yet. Now he reluctantly took my application and told me he will close it. Now I see my statement and see the debit card was hotlisted and I have been charged 178 rupees for hotlisting. Isn't hotlisting different than closing the card for which I submitted application. Are the charges fair?

Is there any way to get fee waivers on canara bank debit cards or any way to close the debit card without paying the fees? 1000 rupees fees on their MC World and Rupay Select seems too high especially because they don’t even have a reward point system or anything.

Back