• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara bank forget to activate online ecom supported on newly issue BINs

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Canara bank forget to activate online ecom supported on newly issue BINs:

Just 10 days ago, @Strange told me he got Canara bank RuPay jan dhan debit card but card is not working on e-com transaction. ATM and POS working.

Yesterday, another person told me he got Canara bank RuPay Platinum debit card but card is not working on e-com transaction. ATM and POS working.

Today, another person @Reaper told me he got Canara bank RuPay Classic debit card but card is not working on e-com transaction. ATM and POS working.

Note - e-com online transaction is already activated but card still not working on e-com (card otp page is not open).

All 3 new RuPay debit cards are issue on new BINs -

Canara bank RuPay jan dhan debit card - BIN - 817509 (solved after complaint to Canara bank support and bank manager)
Canara bank RuPay Platinum debit card - BIN - 652340 (solved with branch and branch forward the request to the backend with multiple follow ups)
Canara bank RuPay Classic debit card - BIN - 652339

Now only way to raise your complete here - https://canarabank.com/User_page.aspx?menulevel=5&menuid=5&CatID=2 or RBI Ombudsman.

Since, this hasn't happened to me. So i can't complain. Jo karna hai ab tumlogo ko he karna hai. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seriously...
I am unable to raise a complaint in the Grievance portal. Upon clicking "SUBMIT" it does nothing.
Wonder how this bank is functioning on this pathetic IT backend. The only way for me to raise a grievance is to call their customer support and request the same.
Here he told me follow this steps to register your complaint -

Tell him to check every section bro if there’re any mistakes there will be an error message nearby. Use the desktop mode. First I wrote a detailed message explaining my problem but it threw me an error displaying special characters not allowed but I didn’t use any. So I made my message as short as possible. He will receive a call within two days. Tell him to explain in detail. Use the grievance portal Just for registering a complaint. If the resolution is unsatisfactory he may raise the complaint again.

link - https://canarabank.net.in/cpgrs/login.aspx

Choose problem category as ATM and sub category as ATM card received but not working.

Hope this will help you @Reaper

Finally got my card replaced and bank officials personally came to my home and delivered a non-customized card. Looks like fear of RBI exists 😂
This time I went for the Visa variant as I didn't want any more headaches.

Finally got my card replaced and bank officials personally came to my home and delivered a non-customized card. Looks like fear of RBI exists 😂
This time I went for the Visa variant as I didn't want any more headaches.
I heard newly issue Canara bank Visa debit card holders are also face same problem.

There is no problem with RuPay. This problem is from bank side, they forget to integrate e-com transaction for all newly issue RuPay and Visa card BINs.

Non-customized RuPay variant also working because Non-customized RuPay also issue on old BINs. 2 months ago, one person replaces his card with Non-customized RuPay Platinum variant and no issue on this RuPay variant.

@Reaper

I heard newly issue Canara bank Visa debit card holders are also face same problem.

There is no problem with RuPay. This problem is from bank side, they forget to integrate e-com transaction for all newly issue RuPay and Visa card BINs.

Non-customized RuPay variant also working because Non-customized RuPay also issue on old BINs. 2 months ago, one person replaces his card with Non-customized RuPay Platinum variant and no issue on this RuPay variant.

@Reaper
I tried an online transaction right in front of them and it worked. Maybe this Visa card has an old BIN.

Here he told me follow this steps to register your complaint -

Tell him to check every section bro if there’re any mistakes there will be an error message nearby. Use the desktop mode. First I wrote a detailed message explaining my problem but it threw me an error displaying special characters not allowed but I didn’t use any. So I made my message as short as possible. He will receive a call within two days. Tell him to explain in detail. Use the grievance portal Just for registering a complaint. If the resolution is unsatisfactory he may raise the complaint again.

link - https://canarabank.net.in/cpgrs/login.aspx

Choose problem category as ATM and sub category as ATM card received but not working.

Hope this will help you @Reaper
Still Canara bank not took any interest to resolve the specific problem Since 5 -6 Months !! Recently last month Month I have applied for Rupay platinum Global Card , issued me a 6523 40 Bin Card. But it has same problem on all ecom site , Otp page not appearing. Upon mailing them they says only to do a first transaction as a ATM withdrawal. Anyone can confirm me that is this way working??or I have to file a grievance on their portal ?? Is there not any way to escalate it to Higher team of the Bank to get rid of this problem???

Still Canara bank not took any interest to resolve the specific problem Since 5 -6 Months !! Recently last month Month I have applied for Rupay platinum Global Card , issued me a 6523 40 Bin Card. But it has same problem on all ecom site , Otp page not appearing. Upon mailing them they says only to do a first transaction as a ATM withdrawal. Anyone can confirm me that is this way working??or I have to file a grievance on their portal ?? Is there not any way to escalate it to Higher team of the Bank to get rid of this problem???
First time use your card on Canara bank ATM.

by the way Amazon sometimes have otp page gateway issue, try your card on any other website and check otp page open or not.

also dnt forget to activate your card for e-com transaction.

AFAIK, those who complaint through grievance portal, their card is now working perfectly. Canara also fix your card issue within 2-3 days (Yes, your complaint should simply go to the right person, phir thanos ki chutki bajate he problem solved).

i already share all details and complaint mail id etc. Read all comments this will help you.

Back