• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card Approved or Not? Axis giving mixed signals

arydestroyer

TF Buzz
Hi, yesterday (10th Aug) I received a notification saying that I am pre-approved (My first axis cc) for Axis Neo ltf, clicked the banner, filled out the forms. In two minutes, I received SMS stating card approved and will be delivered soon. (Context: I opened axis liberty account precisely one year ago, on 10th aug)

Now here is the problem, today (11aug 1400hrs), If I check application status it says incomplete.
1723365821520.png
If I click on "Click here" it just says technical timeout. Tried with different device, network, browser, etc.
But in netbanking, I can see my card. And through whatsapp banking, I can also fetch its limit.
1723365614830.png
1723365623991.png

Is my card approved or not? I am so confused haha.
Is it safe to conclude that the status has just not be updated yet ?

Solution
Congratulations on your 1st Axis credit card!
Enjoy your limit for 6 months, then apply for limit increase by submitting ITR, if you wish.

Till then, make some extra payment to automatically boost your limit to the extent you need.

Don't worry, in 2 years you will end up with 3 Axis credit cards and a huge limit of many lacs, provided you make full payment just before the statement generation date.

Kindly mark this as your solution! Thanks 👍
Congratulations on your 1st Axis credit card!
Enjoy your limit for 6 months, then apply for limit increase by submitting ITR, if you wish.

Till then, make some extra payment to automatically boost your limit to the extent you need.

Don't worry, in 2 years you will end up with 5 Axis credit cards and a huge limit of many lacs, provided you make full payment just before the statement generation date.

Kindly mark this as your solution! Thanks 👍
Small question, can the limit be increased without ITR docs ? Like I did with HDFC ? I am a student so i dont really have an ITR, atleast not a big one. Thank you.

what were your spend patterns in liberty account in last 1 year?
What amb you maintained?
I never maintained any balance in it. At the end of the month, I used to transfer 25k from my main account to the liberty account. And then immediately use the liberty account to fund my paytm wallet and then withdraw all the cash from the wallet back to my bank account. Once paytm wallet got banned, I created a bharatpe merchant account with my friends mobile. And at the end of each month, I send 25-50k on his QR with axis account and then he sends it back.

That is how I ensured I never got charged for non-maintenance charges. The debit card is quite helpful though. I do all offline shopping on the weekend with that dc and the rewards are pretty good as long as your shopping is upto 20k per month.

Axis charges me for SMS every quarter though, around 12-15rs.

To get the quarterly 750rs voucher, you need to spend 60k on shopping and certain MCC. But in my experience I have been getting them each quarter even when I just meet the 60k spend criteria with wallet reloads and upi transfers.

in 2 years you will end up with 5 Axis credit cards and a huge limit of many lacs, provided you make full payment just before the statement generation date.
Full payment before statement generation date or statement due date? If it's statement generation date then can you elaborate a little bit on how does it help to pay full amount before statement generation. I started with 33k in April 2021 then manual LE 65k and then another manual LE now my limit is only 90K and it's stuck there. Didn't get any pre-approved LE in 3 years.

Ahhh okok. Btw, if I receive the card but do not activate it. Any chance I can negotiate with customer care to increase limit to 1lac with my hdfc cc statement? Will they be convinced and do it if i say I wont activate the card ?
No, not happy then dump the card. Always go to your home branch and meet the credit card handling guy and try through him. Mist of the time when you apply online by yourself then you will end up with cheap card!

Ahhh okok. Btw, if I receive the card but do not activate it. Any chance I can negotiate with customer care to increase limit to 1lac with my hdfc cc statement? Will they be convinced and do it if i say I wont activate the card ?
I had a Axis credit card since 2010 and the max limit I got was 5L. They just simply refused my requests everytime! I canceled my card 3 months back. Last week I approached my axis home branch and told the credit card guy to apply for me. I made him apply Select card which is one step below magnus. Since magnus has been drastically devalued the I went for Select card. I refused to give my income proofs but just gave my work address. No verification was done and on the 4th day I could see the card on my app. When I received the physical card then I saw the limit with 15L!!!! So always apply through concerned people for premium cards with higher limits. Don't trust limit enhancement promises, they just need to reach targets by giving low end cards.

I had a Axis credit card since 2010 and the max limit I got was 5L. They just simply refused my requests everytime! I canceled my card 3 months back. Last week I approached my axis home branch and told the credit card guy to apply for me. I made him apply Select card which is one step below magnus. Since magnus has been drastically devalued the I went for Select card. I refused to give my income proofs but just gave my work address. No verification was done and on the 4th day I could see the card on my app. When I received the physical card then I saw the limit with 15L!!!! So always apply through concerned people for premium cards with higher limits. Don't trust limit enhancement promises, they just need to reach targets by giving low end cards.
Is your select ltf?
But some offline agents are not that much knowledgeable
U r lucky

How did you do it with HDFC can you please explain? Pre-approved LE offer or manual request?
I had an imperia account and high amb so I think that helped. Just mail grievence redressal and say that you need a higher limit. You are using almost 100% of the limit and that you are getting offered better cards. Please do mention that you have an incredible cibil score and that you have 100% on time repayment history. Also mention you want it without income docs or ITR. If you have a long relation with the bank, they will approve it without income docs and ITR. Atleast for me they did. If they dont agree, threaten you will close the card (Always works for me). At last, I have plenty threads specifically about increasing limit with HDFC, you could check them out. In my personal experience, HDFC requires persistence.

Ahhh, I think I will try after 6 months by threatening to close the card. I have high usage so I consistently use about 50-70% of all my cards anyways. It hurts the score it little but mine has never gone down below 750. Plus I also have that liberty account, I'll threaten to close that also.

Back