• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashback SBI Card MCC issue with Flipkart

iM23

TF Premier
Recently I ordered a smartphone from Flipkart and paid using my Cashback SBI Card. So, I should have received 5% cashback but I didn't. So, I emailed the Nodal Officer of SBI Card explaining everything and also attached the necessary documents and screenshots. Today, I got a reply from the team and came to know that the MCC for the transaction was reported as 5942 which is categorized under "School & Educational Services".
As per the terms and conditions effective from 1 May 2023, transactions under this MCC would not get cashback. So, I haven't received it. Now, I came to know from this community that there's nothing to do from the SBI Card's end as Flipkart has reported the MCC to the SBI Card. But what should I do now? Is there any way to lodge a complaint and correct the reported MCC so that I can get that cashback?

Because of these uncertainties, I use SBI cashback only when there is an coupon offer or additional discount on SBI card. Rest for high value guarantee cashback use Apay or Flipkart axis card.

Back