• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Caution) Check your AIS. Banks have reported high value Credit Card spends for FY22-23.

Tejo

TF Legend
Can any CA on this forum let us know about:

1. Using credit cards for business spending in the case of sole proprietorship allowed?
2. If allowed, then is Credit Card spending > Income in ITR acceptable?
My friend said, Acceptable but you need to get card with your business details, if not update now, also separate business and personal transactions via add on cards.

Else you can have separate business cards like regalia business cards.

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
are you suree broo?
Haan bhai!!😤😤

Tabhi toh bta rha hun....

Immediate relative se no limit on GIFT... Whereas from friends 50k limit.

Ye lo.. aapka satisfaction ke liye link bhi post kar rha hun:

habibmy

TF Premier
I spend some chunk for rewards and friends and yes my parents pay the itr
Income kitni hai?

Income agar taxable hai toh ITR file Krna hoga.

Income nhi hai toh itna spend Kaise Kiya iski details likh kr ke rakh lijiye.

Ye koi notice nhi hai, yani ke aapse koi kch puch nhi rha, toh apko reply krne ki zaroorat nhi hai

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I
Haan bhai!!😤😤

Tabhi toh bta rha hun....

Immediate relative se no limit on GIFT... Whereas from friends 50k limit.

Ye lo.. aapka satisfaction ke liye link bhi post kar rha hun:

IT department will ask entries of trf

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm a student sir
Income kitni hai?

Income agar taxable hai toh ITR file Krna hoga.

Income nhi hai toh itna spend Kaise Kiya iski details likh kr ke rakh lijiye.

Ye koi notice nhi hai, yani ke aapse koi kch puch nhi rha, toh apko reply krne ki zaroorat nhi hai

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Guys - itna darr kyun - CA ko pakdo and check if there is any issue - follow remedial steps from now and nothing will happen.

OP just shared this is an info for all of us to be careful - so don't be scared and use ur credit card judiciously :)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Can any CA on this forum let us know about:

1. Using credit cards for business spending in the case of sole proporship allowed?
2. If allowed, then is Credit Card spending > Income in ITR acceptable?
I'm not a CA, but the basic principle is that income should exceed expenses. According to the terms and conditions of any credit card company, it is not allowed to use the card for business purposes. You can simply add all your domestic expenses, and as long as you don't exceed 10 lakhs on a single card, there should be no problem. I haven't done so yet though. I'm a sole proprietorship and have been paying all my expenses using a credit card for over three years without any issues. However, I haven't breached the 10 lakhs limit on a single credit card. If it is allowed, is it acceptable to have credit card spending greater than income in the ITR? Nope, the ITR considers your income and other sources of income, so you would need to show a higher income compared to your spending, or you could take out a loan to justify your spending

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
@yogeshbansal it alright bro , since you're a student and the money would have been deposited/credited by someone or by you all would be either tax free up to certain limit and rest you purchase stuff and may have transferred from either of your parent/friend cause you don't get salary credit cause you are a student. so give your statement of A/C to CA and everything will resolve. now spend on those which you can justify.

Guys
I have different question.
Friend booked flight of 2 lacs from my CC bcoz of offer. Other friend used CC to buy something of 3 lacs from single transaction.
Now I asked them to pay my CC bill from their bank account directly without paying me.
I will be crossing 10 lacs plus from Axis CC in this financial year.

Can I explain to IT that expense incurred by my friend and look they paid directly. I got few rewards points only.

Is this justification acceptable ?

Please guide.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@yogeshbansal it alright bro , since you're a student and the money would have been deposited/credited by someone or by you all would be either tax free up to certain limit and rest you purchase stuff and may have transferred from either of your parent/friend cause you don't get salary credit cause you are a student. so give your statement of A/C to CA and everything will resolve. now spend on those which you can justify.
Heyy Vaibhav just checked the TIS and it shows miscellaneous payments of Rs 14,21,550/-
My CA advised to not to use hdfc card in this financial year. Furthermore whosoever has used my card ever has directly paid the bill from his account. I was not involved whatsoever. Hope this clarifies everything.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Heyy Vaibhav just checked the TIS and it shows miscellaneous payments of Rs 14,21,550/-
My CA advised to not to use hdfc card in this financial year. Furthermore whosoever has used my card ever has directly paid the bill from his account. I was not involved whatsoever. Hope this clarifies everything.
Strongly advise you not to do what you did. Since they are not blood relatives, receiving money in excess of 50000 in a year would be treated as income in the eyes of the taxman.