• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CCJ(Calicut Airport) Lounge Access

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello,

I understand there is 1 lounge known as "The Bird Lounge" at Calicut International Airport(CCJ), link here - https://maps.app.goo.gl/npKqCGggXoFpP21r7. As per some reviews, they don't seem to be accepting standard CCs which come with lounge access.

Looking for some inputs if someone has visited this lounge. When I called them, they say they only accept Visa Signature and Mastercard World cards.
In case someone from the community has some suggestions :)

I have the below-
1. AMEX Platinum travel - for this I will have to enable priority pass and then pay 25USD?
2. Flipkart Axis Bank Visa
3. Swiggy HDFC Mastercard World CC - but this has no lounge access. Will it still work?
4. Citibank now Axis Rewards CC - I am unable to check whether this is Visa or something else.
5. SBI Global Mastercard Debit Card - this is virtual.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
1. AMEX Platinum travel - for this I will have to enable priority pass and then pay 25USD?
Flipkart Axis Bank Visa
Flipkart Axis doesn't offer Lounge Access in Calicut Airport.
3. Swiggy HDFC Mastercard World CC - but this has no lounge access. Will it still work?
No
4. Citibank now Axis Rewards CC - I am unable to check whether this is Visa or something else.
Check with CC
No Lounge access on Global Variant and Virtual card don't work
Flipkart Axis Bank Visa
No
Check with CC

Solution

No

Check with CC

Thanks. I just looked at the Amex link again and it says "departing on international flights only", mine is a domestic flight from the international terminal. Looks to be a weird lounge to me.

I also have Airtel Axis CC which says "mastercard" in the front and "world" is mentioned in the back. Not sure if it is mastercard world though. I will check with the customer care.

The Citibank rewards is mastercard platinum.

I also have Airtel Axis CC which says "mastercard" in the front and "world" is mentioned in the back. Not sure if it is mastercard world though. I will check with the customer care.
No Lounge access in Calicut
The Citibank rewards is mastercard platinum.
Not Sure

Attachments

Try to get an IDFC(25K MAB) DC for 1 lounge access per quarter. Most of the lounge access is covered with IDFC DC.

Please Mark the first post as a Solution. If you are satisfied with my answers.
I have IDFC First Visa Platinum and in the IDFC First Bank list, the Calicut lounge is mentioned, however the card is on my mother's name. will have to try my luck. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Back