• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Change 'rented house' to 'own house' in CIBIL report

My current address is showing up as 'rented house' in CIBIL report, when it is 'own house' (same address).
How can we change the 'rented house' option to 'own house' in CIBIL report?

Is this done by visiting bank and giving address proof. On aadhar card it is not mentioned whether house is own or rented. How to get this rectified?
Is it done by updating E-KYC online or anything similar. Can someone guide me. For 'rented house' many lenders make you wait for more than 1 year before they start offering you loan.

My current address is showing up as 'rented house' in CIBIL report, when it is 'own house' (same address).
How can we change the 'rented house' option to 'own house' in CIBIL report?
This must be done by a lender who approved one of your credit applications and updated the personal information according to details in their systems. Unless you have had an eagle eye observation, it's challenging now to figure out who is the culprit behind this.

Aadhar card is meant for identifying persons not residences to distinguish whether they are rented or leased or owned.

For 'rented house' many lenders make you wait for more than 1 year before they start offering you loan.
Where did you get this information? Or are you assuming? I have been renting as long as I have lived, but never faced any issues with credit card or loan applications once my age met the eligibility to apply for credit.

https://www.indusind.com/in/en/personal/loans/personal-loan.html
check personal loan eligibility criteria. It says "Should have completed minimum 1 year of stay at the current residence, if rented."

In CIBIL report there is 'residence code', the value of which is either 'own house' or 'rented house'. I need to change residence code from rented to own house. Do i need to contact the bank which updated incorrect residence code previously?

Wow. This is an interesting question. Us bankers normally update the code from a drop down menu. And in the absence of ownership data, present address is usually updated as rented. There is an option to change the address to owned in Finacle(our bank's system). You will have to check with the lender who has updated the same. Maybe raise a query with CIBIL?

Back