• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Charged Fee on LTF Emeralde

VikasBhindwar

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
From this post, I want to bring attention of experts.

First of all, I am holding LTF Sapphiro Dual card which I got in June recently via upgrade.

Recently on 11th Aug, I checked my iMobile & there I saw LTF Emeralde which was earlier showing as charged. Then I checked Netbanking as well, there it was showing as charged Emeralde. I took screenshot & mailed to customer care regarding LTF status.

They said that if it's showing LTF then its LTF as they are unable to confirm without card.

After that I applied and asked again for LTF status. But strangely now they said that its chargeable card. I have attached screenshot as well, but they are denying the same.

After that, I raised the issue on X to which they are still investigating, they will reply me by tomorrow.

In mean time I have raised the complaint on RBI as well.

They have charged the annual fee of 14160, which is not beneficial in anyway as I am already holding LTF Sapphiro which already confirmed by customer care.

My concern is how they have said that if it's showing LTF, then they charged for the card.

I am thinking to negotiate on 3 points:-
1. Make current Emeralde LTF & Reverse Annual Charge, or
2. Upgrade to chargeable Emeralde Private Metal, or
3. Reverse the Annual Fee & Close the card.

Please suggest how to proceed further, as Annual Fee is already charged, which I don't want to pay for this card or How to make it LTF or get upgrade to Emeralde Private?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-12-17-37-42-772_com.csam.icici.bank.imobile.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-12-17-37-42-772_com.csam.icici.bank.imobile.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20240819_143344.jpg
    IMG_20240819_143344.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20240819_143556.jpg
    IMG_20240819_143556.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20240819_145933.jpg
    IMG_20240819_145933.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 160
Bottomline is just make sure to dispute this charge and cancel this card before the bill is generated
Yaa... I think you should first dispute the Transaction; to avoid paying any fees in the first place.
Escalation is okay. Already raised to ICICI as well as RBI but my statement date is 2nd of month. I don't want to pay 14k for this card.
As per my experience, If you pay the charges and fight for this up to the end i.e. BO. You will at least be compensated with 24K. The rest is on you.
If you are ready to fight till the lvl of RBI; ( hoping that those idiots don't close your case blindly ); I think the worst outcome can be that Icici says there was a technical glitch in iMobile which is why it showed you LTF CC & they would be willing to cancel your card and make corrections in Cibil accordingly without charging you any fee. And for all this; you should def ask the RBI compensation for at least ₹30,000 for mental harassment, time waste etc;
The reason why I feel Icici has a strong say, that it was a technical glitch, is because the agent did not confirm on email that it's LTF. He said, 'WE regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the Card if LF'

Best case scenario, they will convert it to LTF....

So those, are my guesses...

Yaa... I think you should first dispute the Transaction; to avoid paying any fees in the first place.

If you are ready to fight till the lvl of RBI; ( hoping that those idiots don't close your case blindly ); I think the worst outcome can be that Icici says there was a technical glitch in iMobile which is why it showed you LTF CC & they would be willing to cancel your card and make corrections in Cibil accordingly without charging you any fee. And for all this; you should def ask the RBI compensation for at least ₹30,000 for mental harassment, time waste etc;
The reason why I feel Icici has a strong say, that it was a technical glitch, is because the agent did not confirm on email that it's LTF. He said, 'WE regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the Card if LF'

Best case scenario, they will convert it to LTF....

So those, are my guesses...
You are wrong. First, He used ICICI platform to apply the card. Second, the agent didn't deny if not agreed.
Once the card is generated, RBI won't guide the Bank to close the card. As this is a clear case of misselling, Bank would be directed to respect the promise made to the customer and also pay for compensation for troubling the customer unnecessarily.

I

If I should have known that this will happen, then definitely have taken recording.😌
Just saw that SS also has your name on card (which will work for you as well) so no need of recordings

As others suggested, raise it to RBI, ask for LTF and 1 year card fees as compensation (mention 14000 as compensation for trouble given by the bank)

btw, can you please share your NRV/TRV with bank for getting this offer ?

Also, any other existing ICICI cards (other than Sapphiro), and CC limits ?

Just saw that SS also has your name on card (which will work for you as well) so no need of recordings

As others suggested, raise it to RBI, ask for LTF and 1 year card fees as compensation (mention 14000 as compensation for trouble given by the bank)

btw, can you please share your NRV/TRV with bank for getting this offer ?

Also, any other existing ICICI cards (other than Sapphiro), and CC limits ?
Holding Apay, MMT Signature, and Sapphiro.

Last year total spent as per AIS is close to 15 lakh

Attachments

• 620E0DBF-1A45-4862-8594-102F9AA6EA7F.png
    620E0DBF-1A45-4862-8594-102F9AA6EA7F.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Holding Apay, MMT Signature, and Sapphiro.

Last year total spent as per AIS is close to 15 lakh

Got pre-approved. No saving account

Thats..... thats... thats great for you (but not for all other ICICI card holders 💔)

They asked me (and mostly everyone) to keep 50L in savings for Sapphiro LTF even after holding salary account (with wealth status) :cry:

Getting paid Emerlade upgrade, but no LTF even after 9L spends in anniversary year

Nice to see that at least someone is getting something from ICICI

From this post, I want to bring attention of experts.

First of all, I am holding LTF Sapphiro Dual card which I got in June recently via upgrade.

Recently on 11th Aug, I checked my iMobile & there I saw LTF Emeralde which was earlier showing as charged. Then I checked Netbanking as well, there it was showing as charged Emeralde. I took screenshot & mailed to customer care regarding LTF status.

They said that if it's showing LTF then its LTF as they are unable to confirm without card.

After that I applied and asked again for LTF status. But strangely now they said that its chargeable card. I have attached screenshot as well, but they are denying the same.

After that, I raised the issue on X to which they are still investigating, they will reply me by tomorrow.

In mean time I have raised the complaint on RBI as well.

They have charged the annual fee of 14160, which is not beneficial in anyway as I am already holding LTF Sapphiro which already confirmed by customer care.

My concern is how they have said that if it's showing LTF, then they charged for the card.

I am thinking to negotiate on 3 points:-
1. Make current Emeralde LTF & Reverse Annual Charge, or
2. Upgrade to chargeable Emeralde Private Metal, or
3. Reverse the Annual Fee & Close the card.

Please suggest how to proceed further, as Annual Fee is already charged, which I don't want to pay for this card or How to make it LTF or get upgrade to Emeralde Private?
I recently had the same issue bro with Sapphario LTF and I was charged, please don't cancel the Emeralde hold on to it you can fight and get it LTF and they will have to do it, I will help you in getting it done , Please dm me

Back