• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

late payment fees added

RPD

TF Buzz
My ICICI bank credit card due date was 30th April, and i made payment on 30th April using hdfc billpay and the payment was successful. But the payment did not get reflected till today which is 4th of May and the bank has added late payment charges of 590, is it my fault? when i spoke to the bank they said that you should pay the bill earlier and avoid these situations by paying through UPI method for immediate reflection on credit card statement. Not sure what to do. Please guide if you have faced such situations.

I'm on the same boat. Looks like HDFC BILL PAY has some big issue. I paid on 1st May for my ICICI card with due date today. But still not reflected in my card. I paid again via cred today which reflected immediately. Now my money is stuck with HDFC. Reached out to HDFC cares on Twitter and waiting for their response.

Indie performs better than HDFC.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I'm on the same boat. Looks like HDFC BILL PAY has some big issue. I paid on 1st May for my ICICI card with due date today. But still not reflected in my card. I paid again via cred today which reflected immediately. Now my money is stuck with HDFC. Reached out to HDFC cares on Twitter and waiting for their response.

Your money will get credited to your ICICI Card Account, mostly by today evening. Since you paid twice, you can request the excess amount to be credited back to your account.

Also, you have a grace period of 3 more days till May 7 if your due date is today, so not to worry much.

RPD

TF Buzz
Of course, you should've made an instant settlement and not be acquisitive for that extra 1% via HDFC BillPay on your day of the due settlement.
this has happened for the first time with hdfc billpay, we would never guess this situation.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also initiate communication with customer care on this and ask to consider. Share the payment receipts etc if they ask.
Next month, pay by 24.. :)

RPD

TF Buzz
Also initiate communication with customer care on this and ask to consider. Share the payment receipts etc if they ask.
Next month, pay by 24.. :)
yes i will talk to them once the payment gets reflected on the statement today hopefully, and have been paying bills through hdfc billpay but never took this long, maximum a delay of 2 days which is covered in the grace period of 3 days but again forgot that may 1st was a bank holiday. so the take away from this case, pay by 24th :)

Your money will get credited to your ICICI Card Account, mostly by today evening. Since you paid twice, you can request the excess amount to be credited back to your account.

Also, you have a grace period of 3 more days till May 7 if your due date is today, so not to worry much.
Oh 3 days Grace period uh. That's nice.

shashank08

TF Premier

HDFC bill pay can take anything between 3-5 working days in crediting to the credit card accounts which are not BBPS based.
So one should plan accordingly while paying via HDFC bill pay.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
My ICICI bank credit card due date was 30th April, and i made payment on 30th April using hdfc billpay and the payment was successful. But the payment did not get reflected till today which is 4th of May and the bank has added late payment charges of 590, is it my fault? when i spoke to the bank they said that you should pay the bill earlier and avoid these situations by paying through UPI method for immediate reflection on credit card statement. Not sure what to do. Please guide if you have faced such situations.
hdfc billpay settle in 3 workind days, so isn't bank's fault here, always pay via UPI if paying on due date. ask the bank not to levied any charges but on cibil there would be late payment will be marked by icici though.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

it will be credited to your icici cc don't worry. balance will be negative in your icici cc.

The payment got reflected Just today. But the payment date was 1st of May. In this case, if had not paid the 2nd time, will ICICI account the payment date though it was credited after 5days?

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I made payment on 30th Apr to HSBC via HDFC Billpay. Not yet reflected. Finally paid again using cred. Payment from cred appearing in HSBC Credit card as Pending. Hopefully will get confirmed. Tomorrow is due date.