• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL Decreased From 772 to 764 for Increased Utilisation On First Time Usage? Is it ok?

GTSaketh

TF Select
Hello, I Recently Got FD(5000) Kotak Card(4500 limit) And I Actually Have Multiple Questions.

1.CIBIL Decreased From 772 to 764 for Increased Utilisation On First Time Usage? Is it normal?
2.I Have Used lot More than what is reported in April. Why is the full amount usage not reported?
3.This month I have used more than last month but below 30%. Does that mean CIBIL will decrease again for increased utilisation?

Now I know i shouldn't worry about CIBIL Score a lot. But I want to apply for Amazon pay CC in 2 months(previously rejected) as my first unsecured card. So trying to keep it above 750. And it's getting close to 750. So worried about that. Any Suggestions? As long as I get one unsecured card I don't care about CIBIL Score.

Worth Mentioning: I Don't Have Active Income.

CIBIL drops and raise periodically.

No issues if you use more in a particular month under 30%. Just pay your due in time. It will increase with credit age.

When you don't have active income, your chances of getting an unsecured card is based on your luck. 🤪

If you buy regularly in Amazon, the probability gets higher.

CIBIL fluctuates initially. How old is your CIBIL history?

When you don't have active income, your chances of getting an unsecured card is based on your luck. 🤪

If you buy regularly in Amazon, the probability gets higher.

CIBIL fluctuates initially. How old is your CIBIL history?
As I said I just got my first FD card recently. So like 2 months

Anything above 720-730 without any delayed payments is fine. Score will be fluctuated with many factors, Majority depends on CIBIL utilization. Keep utilization below 30% that should help. 764 is a good score.

Please note the CIBIL reporting dates of different banks, it should help.

1715701467814.jpeg

Anything above 720-730 without any delayed payments is fine. Score will be fluctuated with many factors, Majority depends on CIBIL utilization. Keep utilization below 30% that should help. 764 is a good score.

Please note the CIBIL reporting dates of different banks, it should help.

View attachment 53551
As per this post, Kotak reports to cibil in month end. So just make your outstanding amount to less than 450 or even better Zero before May 26. Don't wait for the bill to come to pay the outstanding amount. You can see it jump back to 770 by June 10

Last edited:
As per this post, Kotak reports to cibil in month end. So just make your outstanding amount to less than 450 or even better Zero. Don't wait for the bill to come to pay the outstanding amount. You can see it jump back to 770 by June 10
Forgot to add date for prepaying the outstanding. So edited the post

Back