• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CITI to Axis Migration: Citi Rewards CC Annual Fee issue

lightwaves

TF Premier
Hello Community,

My Citi Rewards card has been migrated to Axis Rewards CC. And my CITI card was LTF and I’ve a written email proof for the same .

However, I received an email from Axis which says that my Axis CC has the same fees as that of Citi and the fees will be waived off based on spend criteria. IMG_1970.webp

But I’ve seen on this community in the past that some users who have this card as LTF, they got same email where it was mentioned that their Axis card also would remain LTF.

How should I deal with this issue? I do not want to pay the annual fees for this card. I have kept this card so far because it’s LTF.

Any ideas to tackle Axis folks?

Thanks

Hello Community,

My Citi Rewards card has been migrated to Axis Rewards CC. And my CITI card was LTF and I’ve a written email proof for the same .

However, I received an email from Axis which says that my Axis CC has the same fees as that of Citi and the fees will be waived off based on spend criteria. View attachment 61172

But I’ve seen on this community in the past that some users who have this card as LTF, they got same email where it was mentioned that their Axis card also would remain LTF.

How should I deal with this issue? I do not want to pay the annual fees for this card. I have kept this card so far because it’s LTF.

Thanks
I remember that in one of their earlier email communications (probably under FAQs), Axis bank had clearly mentioned that if your existing Citibank credit card is lifetime free, then your replacement axis bank card will also be lifetime free. So, please don’t worry. I am trying to locate those FAQs again.

Axis ne jarur soch samajh ke kiya hoga... Dekho 100 ltf customers hain... Yeh do creative banao one with ltf and other with misleading but no ltf... First wala 10% ko bhejo doosra 90% ko... 90% Mein se 80% pe annual fees thop do... Agar us 80% Mein se 50% call karte hain then unki fee waive Kar do system error Tha kehke

Remaining 50% of 80% of 90% customers pe FREE Mein annual fees kama lenge... Profit
Not just axis but I've seen these kind of tricks everywhere like in ola uber they hike the prices if we complain they refund the additional amount if you don't contact them nothing they'll keep the additional amount.

Sure, that’s what I am also thinking of! Any specific email id of Axis support? Thank

I called Axis support on this number and they confirmed that if CITI card is LTF, corresponding migrated Axis card will remain LTF.
This is exactly what I have been saying all along, that you will not be charged any renewal fee if your Citibank card was lifetime free

First, I wish to clarify you that 5,000 points will be provided as a welcome benefit for the customer who applied for the rewards card in Axis Bank initially. Hence, I regret our inability to provide the 5,000 points for your aforesaid card since it has been migrated from Citi Bank to Axis Bank

Hello Community,

However, I received an email from Axis which says that my Axis CC has the same fees as that of Citi and the fees will be waived off based on spend criteria. View attachment 61172

Thanks
I have the same issue except Axis is not agreeing to the fact that my Citi card was LTF. Actually I had an email confirmation from Citibank about 2 years ago that my card was LTF. But I lost access to my original Yahoo inbox and switched to Gmail. When I log into Yahoo now, they don't have any of my historical emails because I haven't used them in 1 year. So I have lost the email Citi sent me when they made my rewards card LTF 2 years ago. Now Axis being Chumxis is asking for the email proof from Citi confirming that my card was made LTF and has charged me an Annual fee.
Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the email confirmation you got from Citi about LTF redacting any personal information? This would help a lot.

Back