• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Climbing the Credit Card Ladder: From Diners Privilege to Infinia Metal in 8 Months

I had the journey from

Regalia 6 yrs --> Dinners Black(Declined the upgrade for an year )--> Infinia without reaching to RM.
That's Great 😎 I was sure I can't go through this route as it will take time and spending so much on DCP can not be wise decision for me so took all the pain for do all this.

Last edited:
No cibil hit as per latest report I checked.
Okay. Yesterday night around 10pm, i got sms from cibil and equifax for enquiry by HDFC. So at least now i know that they have started working on the case despite having all approvals. Wondering why they are taking so much time, been 8 working days now.

Hi Folks,

I wanted to share my journey from the Diners Privilege to the Infinia Metal credit card FYF.

Until 2023, I wasn't into credit cards, but the discounts during Big Billion Days and Amazon Prime sales got me interested. I explored the benefits of credit cards, including lounge access, and decided to dive in.

November'23 : As an NIT Kurukshetra graduate, I applied for an Sapphiro LTF offer from ICICI Bank and was approved. While the card was decent for BOGO offers, I wanted something more rewarding, so I aimed for the Diners Black Metal card. HDFC Area Manager declined my request as I'm not meeting salary requirement (Last ITR : 23 Lakh) and suggested the Diners Privilege instead, which I got with a 3 lakh limit.

May'24 : Over time, I realized the Diners Privilege wasn’t offering much in terms of rewards. I requested an upgrade to Diners Black, which I was eligible for based on card usage as confirmed by BM of HDFC. Despite filling out the upgrade form, I didn't hear anything back.

July'24 : During a visit to my home branch, I connected with the Relationship Manager, who assured me that an upgrade was possible with BBH approval due to a deviation, given my expenses exceeded 6 lakhs in last six months. Expenses was 6.5+ Lacs in last six months. After a month without a response from BBH for approval, I was advised to email the MD Desk. Surprisingly, within a day, I received approval from BBH.

However, when I checked my HDFC app, I saw the card had been upgraded to Diners Black due to form I sent for Black Upgrade in May'24. After discussing it with the RM, I was told that another upgrade would only be possible after six months. But after reaching out to MD Desk again, to my surprise, the Infinia Metal card appeared in my account the next day. Infinia Card offered is FYF basis.

I started with the Diners Privilege in November 2023 and finally reached Infinia in July 2024.

I would like to thank the TF family members for the knowledge shared on this forum. It was really helpful in reaching the Infinia Metal.

P.S : Apologies in advance as I won't be able to share email as it's personal e-mail of C&MD. For that you can approach your RM/BM through available channels. Thanks for understanding.
hey bud. i have a regalia gold and marriott . i've spent over 5 lakhs on my cc in the past 5 months but i spoke to the RM/BM they said there is no such spend criteria for the infinia. ? spending another 100/150k is not a problem but will i be getting one ? :p
any help would be appreciated.

hey bud. i have a regalia gold and marriott . i've spent over 5 lakhs on my cc in the past 5 months but i spoke to the RM/BM they said there is no such spend criteria for the infinia. ? spending another 100/150k is not a problem but will i be getting one ? :p
any help would be appreciated.
Your RM is one of those who doesn't know a thing about HDFC. There is "definitely" a spending criteria to get an upgrade.
If you wanna get it and your CL is >8lakh (this is the second criteria), just spend >6 lakhs (a little more to be double sure). You don't need to contact your RM. Just drop an email to credit card escalation team to process an upgrade basis the spending. They will take care from there.

Your RM is one of those who doesn't know a thing about HDFC. There is "definitely" a spending criteria to get an upgrade.
If you wanna get it and your CL is >8lakh (this is the second criteria), just spend >6 lakhs (a little more to be double sure). You don't need to contact your RM. Just drop an email to credit card escalation team to process an upgrade basis the spending. They will take care from there.
My cl is 360k
Been one of the worst experiences. My salary account with them
Is over 10 years. Never any offers. Never any upgrades. Never any cl. Speak to the rm. they say offer ayega. lol.

Finally planning to shift to ICICI salary. But just that wish for Infinia holding me back 👻

Last edited:
I resisted myself to get any HDFC card, based on what I understood from this forum. A New to bank (NTB) customer has better bargain power compared to existing customers.
HDFC will ask for large spend criteria and higher credit limit to get Infinia (if that's the target).

I had the RM visit me today to fill the Infinia form and process it in the system. Hoping to see the positive result. 🤞

I resisted myself to get any HDFC card, based on what I understood from this forum. A New to bank (NTB) customer has better bargain power compared to existing customers.
HDFC will ask for large spend criteria and higher credit limit to get Infinia (if that's the target).

I had the RM visit me today to fill the Infinia form and process it in the system. Hoping to see the positive result. 🤞
Yep, that's true. Upgrades are the toughest. NTB is God for them, and not just for them but every industry, new customer is new customer.
Even for CC, and since this is Infinia thread - if you meet just the salary criteria, they are happy to give you Infinia since that comes with a joining fees, but for upgrades, the criterias are more & strict.

Infinia since that comes with a joining fees
The pricing sheet that I signed had mention of all the cards and with Infinia it had the price of 12500 (as usual) but the RM mentioned it will be FYF for me. I am ready to fight if it is not FYF. Worst case, I will be privileged if I can get this card which has been aspirational for all till date.

@yogesh_kumar My journey didn't go as planned, My spending on millennia CC in the last 6 months is 7.6 Lacs based on that and my current relationship with HDFC, BM of the branch for my corporate account sent mail for BBH but they rejected at the top level saying the customer is in virtual relationship so VRM should get the approval from their top tier.
then this BM sent mail to my RM's manager, who called me and said that he can surely get approval as he discussed with his manager. They asked that I invest in some products (not ULIP) of 2.5 lakh for the next 3 or 5 years and I denied him clearly and said that I don't want the card on these kinds of Ponzi investments where only they would get the benefit.
HDFC has primary accounts of 5 of my family members have good FD and savings balance. Can you please suggest some suggestions to make get the approval, I don't mind preparing my current portfolio details and going the C&MD route as well.

Back