• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Climbing the credit card ladder

bdnbje

TF Buzz
I think the community will greatly appreciate a guide in climbing the credit card ladder. Like im stuck with entry level cards only. 🙁

Once you get a good limit on your existing cards, you can apply for a higher variant credit card on a card to card basis. It takes time but it would happen. What all cards your own, your highest credit limit, salary range ?

I think the community will greatly appreciate a guide in climbing the credit card ladder. Like im stuck with entry level cards only. 🙁
Dont get too many cards.. Get one or two focussed ones.. use it wisely..pay on time / maybe even before time.. gradually increase limit and then c2c..too many cards not recommended.. this can happen quickly if planned well. without un necessary purchase.. but paying in full is key

Two approaches:

1. If you don't want to spend a lot of thought and effort, apply for the best card you are currently eligible for. Cashback cards like the Axis Ace are simple in this regard (no planning, minimal thinking etc).

2. If you are willing to spend time on this, then here are some standard steps. (1) Identify the card you would like to 'climb to' - this could be from HDFC, Axis etc (2) apply for a card from THAT bank - the best one you are eligible for today (3) Put all your spends on that card - ALL. (4) After 6 months write to customer support asking for a limit-enhancement on your existing card (5) repeat step (4).
Once you hit a 'good' credit limit, you can request a card upgrade (and start the climb up the ladder).

Earn more
Bhai , ladder 🪜 bhi Quick climbing wali chahiye to kuchh kurbani Deni padegi.

On a serious note ...

This may a good method to advance quickly in credit card hierarchy , if somebody has got the funds of FD anyways.

As lots of people are doing FD nowadays due to good rates.
Spend more u will be given LE soon
Yes beforehand we should earn more too

Once you get a good limit on your existing cards, you can apply for a higher variant credit card on a card to card basis. It takes time but it would happen. What all cards your own, your highest credit limit, salary range ?
I own a 6 cards with the highest being with sbi on their sbi cashback card with 1.09 lacs limit. im 21 with no salary 2nd year student 😛

Two approaches:

1. If you don't want to spend a lot of thought and effort, apply for the best card you are currently eligible for. Cashback cards like the Axis Ace are simple in this regard (no planning, minimal thinking etc).

2. If you are willing to spend time on this, then here are some standard steps. (1) Identify the card you would like to 'climb to' - this could be from HDFC, Axis etc (2) apply for a card from THAT bank - the best one you are eligible for today (3) Put all your spends on that card - ALL. (4) After 6 months write to customer support asking for a limit-enhancement on your existing card (5) repeat step (4).
Once you hit a 'good' credit limit, you can request a card upgrade (and start the climb up the ladder).
i have cb card but i feel like i have a lot of redundant cards in my portfolio right now like SBI CB Axis FK ICICI Apay and hdfc millenia. I'm looking to upgrade this millenia to something like regalia since millenia is useless to me but i have a 75k limit with it came preapproved with my sb. 75k is much lower than the floor limit for regalia i believe but i have been spending a lot using this card for the last 6 months but no LE generated : (. Can you help me write a mail requesting them for LE ?

Back