• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Club Vistara or Air India

Anuj11231

TF Buzz
I have around 1.2 lakh CV points in my club Vistara account and my frequent flying route is Mumbai-Delhi/ Chandigarh. Now that they’re giving one time option to either switch to AI FRP or stay with existing CV which might be closed in the near future. What could be the best thing to do in my case ? Any idea of how long current CV could continue in case I chose to opt out ?

magnusfan

TF Buzz
Actually no idea and I don't think there will be any credible forecasts to the integration since its regulatory dependent!

I think AI reward redemption is at par with Vistara (except some airports with low connectivity like Vadodara) - I have about 80k points left in Vistara and about 1.6Lakh points in Magnus which I intend to use to travel. I would love to have the better connectivity of AI than Vistara...

Anuj11231

TF Buzz
Actually no idea and I don't think there will be any credible forecasts to the integration since its regulatory dependent!

I think AI reward redemption is at par with Vistara (except some airports with low connectivity like Vadodara) - I have about 80k points left in Vistara and about 1.6Lakh points in Magnus which I intend to use to travel. I would love to have the better connectivity of AI than Vistara...
Yeah that’s true.. migration might be useful for some who don’t have good option in Vistara. Choosing AI seems riskier for those who are happy with current CV program.

hysteriadoc

TF Select
Yeah that’s true.. migration might be useful for some who don’t have good option in Vistara. Choosing AI seems riskier for those who are happy with current CV program.
I think availability of reward seats would be much higher in AI than Vistara although at a premium cost of higher reward points requirement and also route options are an advantage in AI. With AI we must keep 2 reward value options, either 1:1 or 1:0.5. Nothing worse than that. People would be still comfortable with 1:0.5 in many situations with atleast one factor at the plus side and that is availability ! The same happens with hotel award bookings. Not everyone is able to extract 1:1 value.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Vistara is better for quality, more value per point and better service.

AI is better for more routes and Star Alliance program.

I'm personally using up all my points before the change happens because I've seen AI charging 8K-12K points for which Vistara requires only 5k points.

Also, we don't know if AI points requirements will go up once everyone moves and realizes what has happened.

Sachs

TF Select

I too have around 60k points. I am confused what to do....

Cj_1907

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
hey. Did you guys opt out from flying returns?
I have 21k CV points, 2 business class tickets (1 of them is going to expire tomorrow, need to extend validity)

Should i go for Flying returns or not?

rockking1994

TF Premier
I have one more question after migration what will happen to my sbi vistara cards will i be getting AI points? Or will still get CV points which will be then converted to AI and what about the milestone tickets?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have one more question after migration what will happen to my sbi vistara cards will i be getting AI points? Or will still get CV points which will be then converted to AI and what about the milestone tickets?
Update on co-braded cards is yet to be released. We will know in due course of time

Cj_1907

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think its best to call Club vistara support and ask. My thinking is that your expired voucher will be marked as expired unless you extend

Better to call them as sometimes they offer one time free extension
How do you know they offer one time free extension? I talked to them. They said there is no suchh provision.