• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Club Vistara Points Fest 2024 - Upto 40% bonus CV points

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Singapore airlines good then?
Singapore airlines is way ahead i think. No comparison to 6E. I travelled till SIN redeeming pts at Krisflyer last yr and to Bali took another flight which took around 2.5 hrs after a brief layover at SIN airport. As I said even BKK and KUL have lot of connecting flights. Always good to let the body relax a bit unless one is in a hurry for some professional work related travel.

telescope

TF Ace
Singapore airlines is way ahead i think. No comparison to 6E. I travelled till SIN redeeming pts at Krisflyer last yr and to Bali took another flight which took around 2.5 hrs after a brief layover at SIN airport. As I said even BKK and KUL have lot of connecting flights. Always good to let the body relax a bit unless one is in a hurry for some professional work related travel.
Can you please explain the value of each Kris flyer point? And which cc is best for earning Kris flyer points?

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you please explain the value of each Kris flyer point? And which cc is best for earning Kris flyer points?
I had used Magnus card pts last year and transferred. Value is amazing if you can get the seats. Singapore Airlines has an option of free stay / extend date at Singapore if you book to a final destination using their site. I did BLR-KUL booking with a SIN halt and return for 4 of us in business. The trip was a) BLR-SIN, b) layover at SIN, c) SIN-KUL in the forward leg. Then while return it was d) KUL-SIN, e) halt / layover at SIN and then f) SIN-BLR. Total pts used was ~3.36 lakhs and 36k in INR cost while booking the ticket. To get such large pts, I must have spent around ~1.15L total over many months (dont ask me this part though how i spent as they were Magnus heydays). So totally i spent ~Rs. 1.5L for a business trip for 4 with return to India if i have to look at pure conversion to rupee terms. Haven't calculated value per point as for a family to get 4 tickets in business is a big thing. So for me the value of that was beyond calculation.

In the current setup also if you can get Magnus Burgundy and can extract good value from it, then thats the best card even today to accrue and use points for family travel.

meru

TF Buzz
I have Indusind Pinnacle card with 50104 reward point, I would like to transfer them to CV Points, but I want the below clarification.

1. Indusind point threshold is 25000 reward points that can be transferred at a time, so If I transfer 25k+25k=50k then, I am eligible for 25% bonus or not?
2. I have HDFC Bank Regalia 20000 reward points If I transfer 20k reward points to CV points then it will be 10k cv points.

So, If I transfer a total of 60K CV points, am I eligible for a 25% bonus or not?

ashwink

S S V

Abhishek012

sxchzy

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Unrelated to points offer but does anyone know now a days how long does it take for Axis bank points transfer to Vistara?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Transferring Axis points to CV does not make sense anyways as CV redemption gives value only in specific scenarios even for domestic routes. For international flights CV is as good as useless as its too expensive. For Axis you are better off transferring to Krisflyer or Aeroplan for international.
It does.. Just not on any date or route... 20k for Hong Kong flights from Delhi and 16k to Singapore from Pune are very good deals.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It does.. Just not on any date or route... 20k for Hong Kong flights from Delhi and 16k to Singapore from Pune are very good deals.
Not sure about that. I think Delhi to Bombay or Goa at 5k and 6k points are decent deals. Flights to Singapore can be found at around 15 to 18k round trip. So 16k one way isn't that great.

Vaastav

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Indusind Pinnacle card with 50104 reward point, I would like to transfer them to CV Points, but I want the below clarification.

1. Indusind point threshold is 25000 reward points that can be transferred at a time, so If I transfer 25k+25k=50k then, I am eligible for 25% bonus or not?
2. I have HDFC Bank Regalia 20000 reward points If I transfer 20k reward points to CV points then it will be 10k cv points.

So, If I transfer a total of 60K CV points, am I eligible for a 25% bonus or not?

ashwink

S S V

Abhishek012

sxchzy

IndusInd Transfer:

- Initial transfer of 25000 reward points
- CV points received: 25000
- Bonus CV points: 25000 * 15% = 3750

- Subsequent transfer of 25000 reward points
- CV points received: 25000
- Bonus CV points: 0 (As only the first transfer is eligible from the same bank)

HDFC Transfer:

- Transfer of 20000 reward points
- CV points received: 10000
- Bonus CV points: 10000 * 15% = 1500

Total bonus CV points: 3750 + 1500 = 5250

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not sure about that. I think Delhi to Bombay or Goa at 5k and 6k points are decent deals. Flights to Singapore can be found at around 15 to 18k round trip. So 16k one way isn't that great.
16k-18k to Singapore round-trip ? What airline... And second how many taxes... Usually cheap redemption rates = sky high surcharges

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
16k-18k to Singapore round-trip ? What airline... And second how many taxes... Usually cheap redemption rates = sky high surcharges
Air India is currently at 21k round trip. You can get it cheaper sometimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_193612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_193612_Chrome.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 11

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Air India is currently at 21k round trip. You can get it cheaper sometimes.
Okay, retail pricing.

But when it comes to points Vistara has the upper hand. Only Asia Miles is more valuable to HK but the redemption rates and transfer partner availability across banks is bad.

Again, this depends on the dates, I personally traveled with a few days notice to Singapore TWICE during the Christmas and New Year holidays and it was an amazing value compared to retail prices. Well worth it, I was even surprised to always seem to get availability so close to the flights, on top of that these flights were full but seems nobody is booking these awards seats in these routes.

drsel

TF Legend
Why do you say so? I checked Krisflyer miles redemption and an economy round trip from Del to Singapore is 40,000 points plus some extra charges. So the final cost might be close to 45k or more. You can easily get round trip DEL to SIN for 15 to 20k. So it doesn’t seem like a good value. Krisflyer does not allow India to Europe travel unless you first book to Singapore and then from there separately to Europe which would be prohibitively expensive. For DEL to LAX, you need 102,000 miles plus 10k or more in fees. Again, you can easily get those tickets for under 75k. In contrast, Vistara gives you a Delhi to Goa round trip for 12,000 points and in general, those tickets are around 11 to 12k Rs. Similarly, Vistara allows DEL to London or Paris for 60,000 points and generally those tickets are around 55k Rupees. So, to me, Vistara is much better value, especially when you get extra bonus points.
Right now Vistara pilots are on the war path and Vistara is cancelling 20 flights everyday